cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Request Koodo

khalid59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I was activating my SIM there was a message saying that for Koodo port in you need to first choose another number and have moderators port the number in later. I tried the chatbot and it asked me to first create a ticket but I wasn't able to do that because I got an error logging in so the chatbot said to PM the moderators. I'm wondering how long a normal response time is? I also wasn't sure if maybe I needed to post about this, but decided to do it just in case. 

6 REPLIES 6

perphy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had this same message when porting from Rogers, but ended up not needing to take that step, it just directed me to put in my Rogers information in another form and I got the text message to allow porting. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@khalid59 wrote:

I tried to create a support ticket but when it came time to login to my community account I kept receiving a log in error so SIMon directed me to PM the moderators.

There are two login.  The first one is community login and the second login is your PM self-serve login.  You can use the PIN# instead of password login.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@khalid59 

Clear your browser cache and go incognito.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

khalid59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to create a support ticket but when it came time to login to my community account I kept receiving a log in error so SIMon directed me to PM the moderators.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@khalid59 wrote:

When I was activating my SIM there was a message saying that for Koodo port in you need to first choose another number and have moderators port the number in later. I tried the chatbot and it asked me to first create a ticket but I wasn't able to do that because I got an error logging in so the chatbot said to PM the moderators. I'm wondering how long a normal response time is? I also wasn't sure if maybe I needed to post about this, but decided to do it just in case. 

@khalid59 

hello to port a pre paid koodo number contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@khalid59 wrote:

Moderator response time is from a couple of hours to couple of days.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - use "port request"

FYI 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.