cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Question

JohnE23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do I need to activate the SIM before I sign up?  I am porting from Freedom Mobile and the instructions say to leave the old SIM in until I receive a text from my old provider. So do I activate, remove the sim, port?

4 REPLIES 4

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am hoping that means you successfully ported. Very important as mentioned to not only use your Freedom sim in the phone to get the porting text but have your Freedom account in good standing and not closed or suspended. Welcome to PM!

JohnE23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you RossN and Softech for the quick responses!  Much appreciated!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnE23   When you sign up with PM here https://activate.publicmobile.ca/  it will activate the SIM at the same time

Yes, you can request porting in the activation process

Make sure your Freedom sim and account is still active.  Enter Freedom's account number in the porting info page

Leave your Freedom sim in the phone and wait for the test from Freedom.  YOu need to reply YES within 90 mins

Once replied, you can take the Freedom sim out and put the PM sim in a phone, reboot every 15 mins and check if incoming calls go to your PM SIM

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JohnE23 Hi yes you need to activate your account and yes if you are porting  a number from another provider you must leave that sim in to get transfer request you must reply yes Do you have 90 minutes to reply or Port Will not  go through

Need Help? Let's chat.