cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Landline to Public. No access to Landline to receive SMS to start move.

andrewlee8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port a landline to Public. I created another account for this service and cannot log into the account for full access for due to 6 digit code being sent to landline. I do not have access to landline since I am out of town. Another issue is I will not be able to receive notice from previous carrier to start change over. Any help would be appreciated .

Andrew

7 REPLIES 7

andrewlee8

Number has been successfully ported. 

Porting from Telus landline to Public. SMS cannot be sent to landline to confirm and start transfer. Telus Tech support says Public knows this and will complete transfer without customer reply to the confirmation text (landlines cannot receive SMS). Transfer successful! (which will take 3 to 5 business days- mine took 4). Telus service disconnected on day 3. Day 4, rebooted cell phone with sim card inserted. This did not work until 1 hour later when I tried to call landline (cell phoned rang). 

This is where I could complete the EverSafe  setup by receiving the 6 confirmation digit code on the transferred number on the cell phone. I could not get the option of sending the code to email by hitting resend multiple times. 

Basically, wait for the transfer to complete before completing EverSafe ID activation. 

Thanks for all your help Me0W, BKNS27 and hairbag1!

Best to all

Andrew

andrewlee8

Hi Me0W

Thanks for replying to me. May I get some help to resolve log-in issue. I just discovered the home line has been disconnected. It looks like it is halfway done? I may need help to complete the porting please.

Thanks

@andrewlee8

You can click on Resend Code and have the 2FA code sent by calling.

You might have to try several times to Resend Code.

andrewlee8

Hi Me0W

I don't have that option option on my screen. This is a new account that I created for my Landline being ported over. As soon as I try to log in, it gives me a message "We've noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access." When I tap "Confirm for full access". It send the 6 digit code to my landline. I don't have access to my landline (out of town). I hit Resend code and there is no option to send to email.

Thanks for your reply

Andrew

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Following*

andrewlee8

I am having problems with logging into my account through Eversafe ID. I asks me to confirm my identity by sending a 6 digit code to my landline. Of course, i don't have access to it. Because I am out of town, I have the number forwarded to another number (not mine). Can you have this sent to an email please? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@andrewlee8 

until you're back home, I'd suggest you take a new number for now. When you get home, start the porting process again.

added...make sure to keep old account active until port is successful. Remember, it could take up to 3 days to successfully port the landline over. 

Need Help? Let's chat.