cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring and porting a landline to PM - Authorization Process

TammyLee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am planning to transfer my shop landline from Shaw to PM.    I want to know how the authorization process works.   How does your company verify that I am the rightful owner of the shop to request for number transfer/porting?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do proper and thorough research before you transfer your business land line to PM.

Nothing is wrong with PM, great price and great service, but lack of live support might impact your business if something goes off with your account or payment or whatever and you are temporary without a phone.

As having PM service as emergency phone I CAN wait days for superb agent's support through personal mail but can you?

TammyLee

Hello,

Thank you!   This sounds scary......

@TammyLee wrote:

I am planning to transfer my shop landline from Shaw to PM.    I want to know how the authorization process works.   How does your company verify that I am the rightful owner of the shop to request for number transfer/porting?

It's Shaw who would be responsible for verifying the information.   Sadly, there isn't much security at all. Public Mobile will request the name of the person who owns the Shaw account and the billing address of it, but that' really about it.  It's up to Shaw to approve the phone number transfer.

TammyLee

Hi Handy,

Thank you for your quick response.   My main concern is whether there is a security system in place to make sure the person who requests to transfer and port the number is the owner/rightful person.    Can you tell me what verification process will be taken?

Thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TammyLee  Transferring land line to PM can take 5 days . Also there no way to confirm the port as the land line can’t text back to reply YES . So you just have to check each day until port went thru . You will need to give PM your Shaw account number when initiating the transfer . but also first check that the number can be ported to PM first to be safe 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Need Help? Let's chat.