cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported to Public Mobile 2FA issues

trex1989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All, I ported to Public mobile around 2 hours back. I can send messages to people (10 digit numbers), call phone numbers and also use data.

Oddly I can't seem to get the code for 2FA logins (even for eversafe public mobile login) along with banks and other services. I can't seem to login in on the website either. How do I go about resolving this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Manu981
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having the same issue could you please send me the # as well?

trex1989

yeah @softech helped me with the number. Porting is now complete 

@trex1989 

Did you reply to the text from your old carrier with YES with the old SIM in your phone. You have 90 minutes to reply or porting will be aborted.

To check if porting was cancelled, your old SIM will still work. If this is the case, call the number @softech pm you.

@trex1989   Porting was not done. Please call the number I sent you earlier

trex1989

Seems like I can call and no one can call me. I only seem to have outgoing service and not incoming service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@trex1989 

first, can you receiving incomings calls and non-2FA text (text from friends)?

If you cannot, it is a uncompleted port.   A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

If you are receiving incoming calls and non-2FA text, then it's ok.   For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.  

Need Help? Let's chat.