cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number away but now I can't log into My Account.

rachaeltaljaard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have moved from Public Mobile to another provider and they ported my number over. I received the transfer acknowledgement text and approved it. The only issue now is that I can't log in to My Account and cancel my AutoPay. Can anyone advise if they will automatically stop my AutoPay as the number has ported away, or if there is another way I can cancel the AutoPay without going through My Account (which is seemingly now disabled for me)?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Out an abundance of caution it is usually good practice to remove autopay and then the payment card from your self serve before porting.

Theoretically porting it over closes the account and you shouldn't get charged again.... However some customers had their cards charged even after they ported due to a glitch and had to chase down a refund. So you can reach out to a CSA and confirm you would like them to put a note on file of your situation and manually make sure that glitch won't occur 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Porting your number to another provider automatically closes your account here and no further charges should be made to your card. Porting out also loses the ability to log into self serve.

Keep an eye on future charges and if anything shows up contact CSA; or to be sure payment will be removed from their system, you can contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

edit, not to no

Need Help? Let's chat.