cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported my number from PM to Videotron on a new phone, now 10 days later all I can do is use data.

Beejane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone calls and texts remain coming in on the old phone with PM. Having to keep 2 phones handy is a pain. The only calls and texts that are coming through are from Videotron. My account reads as active until Sept 11 when it will renew again so I need this sorted out.

I've opened a support ticket but has anyone else had this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just chat with them - 

Message an agent

Mon-Sun | 8AM – 1AM ET

Beejane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

to answer everyone's question, yes we answered 'yes' to the text within 90 minutes. 

I'll reach out to Videotron tomorrow, or tuesday if they are closed.

Thanks

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Beejane 

if you are porting from PM to Videotron, and if you replied yes to a text from PM and authorize the port, now the problem lies with Videotron.  Check with them instead of PM

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Within 90 minutes —->Did you reply YES to the text you received from PM. The whole process should have not taken more than one hour.  Just chat with the new provider again and re-start the process.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Beejane 

Your port was not completed.  Did you respond to Public mobile's port confirmation text when you first tried to transfer your number?  

You can try to contact Videotron customer service and ask them to try the port request again.  Public mobile should send a port request text within 1-2 hours and you should respond yes.  Then the port should be completed afterwards. 

Need Help? Let's chat.