cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported # from Virgin to PM now both SIM cards semi active

Shawn_H
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported # from virgin to PM a couple of days ago. It appears that both the ESIM from PM and the SIM from Virgin are still active? Depending on the provider that phones or texts me, you get either Virgin or PM sharing the same phone number. I tried to call Virgin and they said it's PM that didn't port the number properly? Really strange if you phone my # you either get my PM voicemail or Virgin. Some text are not coming through either? Please help

2 REPLIES 2

@Shawn_H wrote:

Ported # from virgin to PM a couple of days ago. It appears that both the ESIM from PM and the SIM from Virgin are still active? Depending on the provider that phones or texts me, you get either Virgin or PM sharing the same phone number. I tried to call Virgin and they said it's PM that didn't port the number properly? Really strange if you phone my # you either get my PM voicemail or Virgin. Some text are not coming through either? Please help

The way that some calls go to Public Mobile if another Telus customer calls or texts is normal as this would have been set up as soon as the request was made.  The way that other calls from other carriers still go to Virgin  means that the number hasn't been ported.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shawn_H 

look like you didn't get the port authorization text from Virgin or you didn't reply within 90 mins.  

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.