cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port

Ankish0786
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sim not working just did port from koodo 12 hours ago any suggestions ?

12 REPLIES 12

@Ankish0786 wrote:

Will it work if I just go buy a new sim card and edit that to my account??

Although a possibility that attaching a new SIM card to your current account could get the service working, there's no guarantee.  Also, you would need to ensure that a second account isn't accidently opened.   To get this properly fixed, you need to contact Pubilc Mobile to fix your account.

Ankish0786

Will it work if I just go buy a new sim card and edit that to my account??

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ankish0786 

Read the spoiler in the following post. Then you can include all of the pertinent info to speed up your customer support request. Include your Sim card # in your private message and put "Sim card not provisioned correctly upon activation" in the subject line and mention that your port has completed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Ankish0786

Private message or create a ticket which one is easier?

@Ankish0786 wrote:

Thats the Only way??

Yes. Please note that all support is provided online.

Ankish0786

Thats the Only way??

@Ankish0786 wrote:

Koodo sim card is not working and I do not have any network for PM its just NO SIM on the device I tried changing phones and reset all settings as well nothing works

@Ankish0786   Yes, this is very likely sim provisioning problem.  Easy fix for PM support, but you just need to open the ticket.  Be aware that it might take PM some times to get to you as there seems to be high number of tickets.  You might want to message them multiple times in the day if you don't hear from them back

Ankish0786

Koodo sim card is not working and I do not have any network for PM its just NO SIM on the device I tried changing phones and reset all settings as well nothing works

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ankish0786 

First, you have to tell me what it meant by sim not working

Is the PM sim shows connected to PM network?  can you make outgoing calls?

If it is not connected to PM network and you can't even make calls, that is a problem with sim provisioning, please open ticket with PM support for them to reprovision the sim card on the system

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Add: you said Koodo released the number.  So, if you put the Koodo sim card to a phone, it is not working now?  If the Koodo sim card no longer works, then yes, Koodo already released the number

Ankish0786

Koodo postpaid 

and i did sent YES to the port msg

Ankish0786

I left the sim card inside phone and didnt get confirmation but i did everything else didnt work called koodo they released the number 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Ankish0786 

Did you leave your Koodo sim in phone to get the confirmation text from Koodo to port out? Any services working with Koodo sim? Did you try rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling SIM card?

Edit: Are you Koodo postpaid or prepaid?

Need Help? Let's chat.