cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port to Public

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried paying from the website, but, it went to payment page instead of asking to get the number to be ported and account number, and got it activated

Need help guys

11 REPLIES 11

Shubh2023

Oh, I see. He had the sim for years now, it would be a loss to change it. I guess then we do not have another option, other than keeping on paying Quebec taxes in BC. Thanks for the info though! 

@Shubh2023 

The taxes are based on the phone number.  The number would have to be changed (would lose the old phone number) or vouchers can be purchased at B.C. stores that carry them for future payments.

Shubh2023

@computergeek541  what do you think of this? 

The number which the friend has taken from the other company to PM, the sim is from Quebec (number) so, the tax which they are charging are QST, so, tax is quite high. Any solutions for it? Considering we're living in BC, and tax is being charged for Quebec 

Shubh2023

The sim got activated at least within 30 mins and that is the good part! Hope my friend gets to make the best use of it, before I do. As I did not port today, my friend did!

Shubh2023

Need some ideas! 

The number which the friend has taken from the other company to PM, the sim is from Quebec (number) so, the tax which they are charging are QST, so, tax is quite high. Any solutions for it? Considering we're living in BC, and tax is being charged for Quebec 

@Shubh2023 wrote:

Followed the steps, which you mentioned. The old sim is still in the phone & I will wait for 30 mins to see, if I lose network on the former sim, then, will put in the PM sim. Thanks for the advice, I will follow it!

Ideally, both SIM cards would be in a compatible phone. If there is any issue with the number porting, Public Mobile will inform you by text message,  and you'll only see that text message if your Public Mobile SIM card is being used. Also, any text messages sent from other Telus, Koodo, and Pubilc Mobile customers will only go to your Public Mobile service. Sometimes, incoming phone calls from Telus, Koodo, and Public customers only go to the Public Mobile servcie. However, other incoming calls and incoming text messages will only go to the service of your old carrier (and you also wouldn't receive the text message from the old carrier that you're required to respond to if you're only using the Public Mobile SIM card).

Shubh2023

Followed the steps, which you mentioned. The old sim is still in the phone & I will wait for 30 mins to see, if I lose network on the former sim, then, will put in the PM sim. Thanks for the advice, I will follow it!

HI @Shubh2023 

now, you should be able to make outbound calls and just not able to receive inbound calls

To complete port, put your old carrier sim in a phone, wait for a text from old carrier and reply Yes within 90 mins.  After you replied Yes, then you can go back to PM sim, make sure it can receive inbound call. probably need to reboot couple times until you got inbound calls

Shubh2023

Thanks!

Just completed the procedure, downloaded the app as well! It worked just fine! Will just wait for an hour maybe, to get it ported

Thanks again 😊

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Once you're signed up, you'll get a temporary number. Don't worry about it. Once you're signed up, follow this and port over with ease. Just remember, your number you're porting MUST be active. If it's not, then it won't work.

How to port number from “Blank” to Public Mobile

First, make sure your number can be ported by checking on this link

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Or log in to your Public Mobile account 

KennethJAdams_0-1695345476468.png

Then on your right side you’ll see this box. Click on Transfer Phone Number.

KennethJAdams_1-1695345476463.png

Then enter the number you want transfer and continue to next step

KennethJAdams_2-1695345476363.png

NOTE: Keep your old providers SIM card inside the phone until you get the confirmation text. Say YES. But wait just a bit longer until you no longer see your old provider's name up top. Once it’s gone, try making a call to test. If you can not make a call using your old providers SIM, the transfer has gone through.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Shubh2023 

it is normal.  It is payment page first, then you need the app to complete the activation for phone number/or porting

please download the app on your phone and continue using the app instead.  For porting, remember to provide account number of your old carrier instead of IMEI, it is less trouble using account number

Need Help? Let's chat.