cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port stuck?

pm70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,
I ported my number from Fido to Public and it's been working, I'm able to make and receive calls and texts.

However on Fido's side my plan still isn't cancelled. 
I spoke with fido and they said that the port request timed out and that I didn't respond.
But I'm using the number on public right now....
So it seems like my number exists in two places and I'm beyond confused

For now I'm just leaving both services active because I'm scared of accidentally losing the number

3 REPLIES 3

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pm70  Port hasn’t been completed then . No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message . Give them a call and they can re trigger the port request . And be sure to leave Fido  sim in the oil e to reply YES to the confirmation text  to port 

@pm70 wrote:

Hi all,
I ported my number from Fido to Public and it's been working, I'm able to make and receive calls and texts.

However on Fido's side my plan still isn't cancelled. 
I spoke with fido and they said that the port request timed out and that I didn't respond.
But I'm using the number on public right now....
So it seems like my number exists in two places and I'm beyond confused

For now I'm just leaving both services active because I'm scared of accidentally losing the number

To have the process started again, please send  a private messsage to CS_Agent.  
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pm70 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.