cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port request - transfer number from fido plan

shenkev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with Public Mobile 2 weeks ago. When I signed up I tried transferring my old phone number from the plan I had with Fido. 2 weeks later this transfer still hasn't worked.

Did I not enter the right information on the transfer page? I'm a bit confused what I'm supposed to enter for this question here:

Please complete one of the following (1 of 3) so we can access your account:

PIN
Account Number
IMEI or ESN

Where can I find the PIN, Account Number or IMEI/ESN?

I'm also confused by this question:

What is your SIM card number? (i)

Is it asking for my Public Mobile SIM number or my Fido SIM number?

6 REPLIES 6

@gpixel wrote:

@shenkev print your fido bill and it will show you your account#. if there are two similar numbers, choose the number without letters) and pin(voicemail password)

you can find your IMEI through your phone by dialling *#06#

When someone uses the account number, the PIN and IMEI should not be used.

Also, for the purposes of number porting, the vociemail password isn't what is needed. The voicemail password and account PIN are not necessarily the same code. It's the account PIN that is used for number porting, and not the voicemail password.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@shenkev print your fido bill and it will show you your account#. if there are two similar numbers, choose the number without letters) and pin(voicemail password)

you can find your IMEI through your phone by dialling *#06#

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @shenkev ,

Is your Fido account still active? If you closed your Fido account you cannot port the phone number you had with Fido over to Public Mobile.

If your Fido account is closed maybe contact them an have it reinstated until the PM port is successful.

You could check in with a Public Mobile representative.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Public Mobile  Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@shenkev wrote:

Thanks @computergeek541  

What should be the format of the account number? Is it X-XXXX-XXXX?

The port request page asks for a SIM number but I've thrown out my Fido SIM card. What should I do about that?

No hypens or spaces. Either way, you're going to need to submit a ticket to talk to the modeartors or call the Telus porting team.  You could always buy another Fido SIM card to attach to your Fido account. You obviously now know never to throw your old SIM card out until the number transfer is complete.

shenkev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @computergeek541  

What should be the format of the account number? Is it X-XXXX-XXXX?

The port request page asks for a SIM number but I've thrown out my Fido SIM card. What should I do about that?

@shenkev 

This means that the Fido account ifnormation provided was incorrect. Please keeps using your Fido SIM card until porting is complete. Double check your Fido account number.  Then, go to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

and then type in "port request".

You do not need the IMEI and Fido PIN.

Need Help? Let's chat.