cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available phone numbers

JennjennD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know if you can request a specific phone number or can you only scroll through the list of numbers

15 REPLIES 15

JennjennD

Thank you

@JennjennD if that is the case, there is a chance.  Message support and good luck 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JennjennD 

Public Mobile/Telus keeps its phone #'s in the hold number pool for 90 days after an account is deactivated. During this time a customer can request their deactivated phone # to be assigned to their newly activated account (w/a temporary phone #). After 90 days the phone # is released to the available phone # pool that is accessible to anyone. It can be retrieved by the customer by scrolling through the available phone #'s in their self serve accounts or it can possibly be assigned by a customer support agent if it's still available.

JennjennD

It used to be my husbands number he lost his phone and talked to PM and they said they would reach out to him via email and then he got locked out of iCloud email before getting confirmation from PM and then the three months passed but he still wants to know if there is any way possible to get that number back or if it’s just a lost cause 

@JennjennD unless you can show support you owned the number before, I really doubt support will just assign the number 

Hi @JennjennD 

Yes.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716949312166.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

JennjennD

Ok thank you would I do a ticket to support??

@JennjennD you are lucky, 587-216-xxxx is owned by Telus.  So, it is possible to get it from PM from the list.  But it is Calgary , this set of number could be popular 

with the number you want, you never own it with PM? Not like you lost it due to non-payment or so, right??

JennjennD

It’s not in service but I want to know if it’still possible to get that specific number or if you have to go through that whole list 

JennjennD

The number was 587-216

EB0

Call the number and you will know if it’s in service or not.

JennjennD

It originally was a PM number it used to be my husbands number it’s now past the three months for him to transfer the number I wanted to see if that number is available for use or if it’s already being used 

EB0

It used to be able to select a specific number through support, but it was a long time ago, I’m not sure if it is still possible.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JennjennD 

Support won't help to assign you the exact number you want, you really need to scan through the list

Also, the system can only assign you numbers owned by Telus/PM. What area code and the next three digits you are looking for?? we can confirm if the set of  number is owned by Telus 

JennjennD

Is there any way to see if a specific phone number is available  or do you just have to scroll through the list provided?

Need Help? Let's chat.