cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out pin?

muffinhead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does public mobile have a port out PIN? I want to port out my public mobile number and was told I'd need a PIN from my current provider (public mobile). Not sure where I can find this information. Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@muffinhead wrote:

Does public mobile have a port out PIN? I want to port out my public mobile number and was told I'd need a PIN from my current provider (public mobile). Not sure where I can find this information. Thanks in advance!

Port-out PIN is only something used by mobile carriers in the USA. Public Mobile being a Canadian carrier doesn't use port-out PINs. If you are trying to port to a VoIP provider that is asking for this, you could try specifying 0000 or 1234, as these are common placeholders when no PIN is not needed for the number in question...

What is your new provider?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman : I edited. On mobile so not as easy.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman : I think I've seen this mentioned a couple times from you. Is this a new thing in the welcome email? I've only known of the PIN being texted from 611.

@Anonymous 

I did mentioned welcome text message, not email.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman : I think I've seen this mentioned a couple times from you. Is this a new thing in the welcome email? I've only known of the PIN being texted from 611.

Edit: Oh wait...you actually said text here. But I don't think it says welcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@muffinhead 

also remove your Autopay from your account,

How To Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

or by call *611 but you need your account 4 digit pin,

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@muffinhead 

There is a PIN number for Public mobile.  This can be used to verify your account with Customer service agent or dialing 611 requires PIN number for account access.  

You should not need this PIN number for porting out.  Just need Account holder name, account number and your PM phone number. Don't forget to keep your PM SIM card in your phone to receive the port confirmation text from Public mobile.  

If you forgot your PIN, you could check your welcome PM text message which usually sends you the PIN number that you chose when you first activated your account.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@muffinhead 

put it your account 4 digit pin,

if you don't have it then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Need Help? Let's chat.