cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in limbo?

mpharand14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Port requested, all seemed good, even saw calls and txt from "ported number" but now calls go direct to voicemail.  Its been more than two hours?  Ask in to mods but any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

mpharand14

Great question.  Bell was work number, Public Mobile was activated for a short run a few weeks back for the us plan.  Thought port over to PM easy peasy, thought all good because I saw the number in the usage area.  Then I got an itch for an XR, and I wanted faster speeds so went to buy the phone.  Mistake was doing all of this same day

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpharand14- Just out of curiosity, why hop into PM if you are going to Koodo.  Why not go direct rom Bell to Koodo?

mpharand14

Bell, its even more complicated than that.  Today I had to do a port from bell business to consumer so that I could grab the number to koodo.  doing a third port over to koodo, once public gets my number (long story) but PM was great and keeping my son on board

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

When you sign up, PM sets you up temporarily to send texts and call out. You cannot receive calls and texts until the port completes. Do you have the sim from your old provider?

If so, put it in and your old sim should work until the port is complete.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mpharand14 hi it can take a few hours to port a number where where you porting from? 

@mpharand14 wrote:

Port requested, all seemed good, even saw calls and txt from "ported number" but now calls go direct to voicemail.  Its been more than two hours?  Ask in to mods but any help would be appreciated.

When you say direct to voicemail, is it the other carrier's voicemail?  If it is, the transfer isn't yet done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpharand14  - Ports can easilly take more than two hours.  All depends on where you are porting from.  Land lines & Voip lines take considerably longer than other cell providers.  Some cell providers have been known to hold a port request until they have had a chance to try to convince person to stay with their company.

Where are you porting from?

Need Help? Let's chat.