cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port hasn't been resolved

jtmaclean__
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am being completely ignored here. I was told by several Public Mobile reps that my porting issue would be fixed today by 7:00PM. It's been over 24 hours since the port request and I am scared of loosing my business phone number... I have sent multiple messages and even tried to call with no luck. I feel totally scammed and dooped. I can't even fix this, as my phone number is no longer attached to a account. I lost over a 1000.00 in business and I'm a wreck... I'm literally bailing my eyes out right now! I don't want to be that guy who bashes or stomps his foot... I just want to be the guy who gets his problem fixed and the guy who gets to enjoy his new service provider. Everything works great with my account, except the fact that I am on the verge of loosing my business phone number which I had for over 10 years. I am on my knees here Mods, I am begging and pleding for help. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration regarding this. Hopefully talk soon!

14 REPLIES 14

Rando

Working hard to retain the few customers they have left. Nonetheless glad its working for you!

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good news, yay!!! 🙂

jtmaclean__

Public Mobile completed the port about a hour ago... I couldn’t be happier now. All is resolved and they even made me whole again by applying a month free of service. As I said... couldn’t be happier now. 

koimr1

Any luck this morning, @jtmaclean__?

koimr1

@jtmaclean__wrote:

Thanks to everyone so far... You setting my mind at ease and it makes sense on what you all have said. I will patiently wait for a respond (hopefully tomorrow) from the mods... I never did cancel out the other account and the mods confirmed that a port request # was created and I provided it to them. So I am hoping that my phone number is like attached to that request and they just need to push it through or something. Otherwise I couldn't be happier with the service. They are dealing with my freaking out to say non the least. 

Should be no worries about losing your number then, sir. 🙂 Let's see what happens in the morning!

jtmaclean__

Thanks guys! Your all rockstars... High five!

Watoko

Actually, we don't work for PM. We are just trying to ease your worries because as customers, we have experienced the same issues.

jtmaclean__

Thanks to everyone so far... You setting my mind at ease and it makes sense on what you all have said. I will patiently wait for a respond (hopefully tomorrow) from the mods... I never did cancel out the other account and the mods confirmed that a port request # was created and I provided it to them. So I am hoping that my phone number is like attached to that request and they just need to push it through or something. Otherwise I couldn't be happier with the service. They are dealing with my freaking out to say non the least. 

Watoko

On your topic though, I think normally it takes a while before the number is released back into the pool, so I am praying for you that this is the case so you can reclaim your number.

EDIT: @kav2001c beat me to it, what he said!

@jtmaclean__ No

Even if number is in limbo it would take 30+ days to snap back to old carrier

You will not lose it rest assured

Now how long to fix is question... we have seen 7+ day delays in past when things hit the fan

koimr1

Sounds like a stuck port - I know you don't want to hear this but you are going to have to contact the moderators again. I am presuming you know how already since you've been in contact with them but just in case not click here and provide your email address, phone number and details of your problem.

I'm also going to presume that the moderators told you things like restart your phone, etc. as well and you followed them.

Hopefully this is something that will be cleared up soon for you. Assuming you did not explicitly cancel your previous plan then your number should still be "yours". What I mean by that is the porting request and process will cancel your previous carrier for you, you don't need to nor should do it yourself.

It won't hurt sending another message though. I do hate to say it but this is now "after hours" for the mods (normally) so you may need to wait for another response in the morning.

On the other hand, you could wake up to your number working too. Let's hope for that.

Watoko

@jtmaclean__wrote:

I am being completely ignored here. I was told by several Public Mobile reps that my porting issue would be fixed today by 7:00PM. It's been over 24 hours since the port request and I am scared of loosing my business phone number... I have sent multiple messages and even tried to call with no luck. I feel totally scammed and dooped. I can't even fix this, as my phone number is no longer attached to a account. I lost over a 1000.00 in business and I'm a wreck... I'm literally bailing my eyes out right now! I don't want to be that guy who bashes or stomps his foot... I just want to be the guy who gets his problem fixed and the guy who gets to enjoy his new service provider. Everything works great with my account, except the fact that I am on the verge of loosing my business phone number which I had for over 10 years. I am on my knees here Mods, I am begging and pleding for help. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration regarding this. Hopefully talk soon!

Pretty sure they're bombarded with everyone trying to get to the bottom of this price hike nonsence. Hopefully your request gets resolved soon and enjoy the ride at PM.

jtmaclean__

I’m just scared of loosing my number... Should I be scared? My old provider stated it’s not attached to a account. Also it’s disconnected when I call it. Mods said it was because of a nation wide port number issue. But no other carrier can confirm that. I’m scared I’m being dooped... or am I just being a over thinking male right now lol.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@jtmaclean__ Mods and Oracles are wiped out from price increase threads

Need Help? Let's chat.