cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port failed, but it still shut down my Koodo account.

Nedly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After 6 days I finally got a reply from the email support team about my inability to port my Koodo number via self serve that said:

"We tried to do the port of your Koodo number but I was not successful. In fact, you can only do so once per 30 days. So what our technicians suggested is to hold your number and in 30 days, you may send us again the request to have that changed so you can get back your old phone number"

Which is fine, Im ok with carrying 2 phones and paying the $15 to keep the Koodo active while I wait for the 30 day cooldown. But as soon as they made the attempt my Koodo phone SIM status says "cellular network state: disconnected".. and I cant send or receive calls/texts. and the Koodo login page now says. Your login has been disabled. so the port didnt work, but it still forced a cancel on my account?

Any ideas @Saray_O ? or anybody else for that matter?

5 REPLIES 5

cheehuiyi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Contacted Public Mobile via Facebook and problem was solved in less than 2 hours. Thumbs up to Public Mobile FacebookSmiley Happy

Nedly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edit: It appears that they locked me out so they could fix things behind the scenes, they needed to delete my original PM account, and make a new one in order to tie it to my old number that failed to port.

In an even worse turn of events, somehow in all this mess, it shut down my PM account as well. Phone now has no service, and when I try to get into my self serve account i get  "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@cheehuiyi Same for you! Pleasure be sure to send a private message to the moderators and include the below info,

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@Nedly Be sure to send a private message to the mods detailing your issues, and provide the required information from the below thread.  This will help ensure you get taken care of as quickly as possible!

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

cheehuiyi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to receive text(from non Public Mobile) and calls from anyone. I reached out to the moderators @Shazia_K and @Saray_O 2 weeks ago but no response and I've tried emailing Public Mobile. Any idea how I can resolve this?

Need Help? Let's chat.