cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Public Phone Number

M_rutledge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

My online access has been suspended for 1 year - Does that mean I will not be able to port my phone number out? Just looking for help and options to retrieve my account number so i can leave Public Mobile. Please help 

5 REPLIES 5

@M_rutledge 

Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and if you account is still active then you can port out. Also if you are up to date on your monthly payment and your phone still have service then your account is still active.

You can contact a CS_Agent to help you access your account to get your account number to port out smoothly but not necessary. You can use your IMEI but you may run into issues.

You can still port out with access to your active account. Go to your new carrier and they will activate a new account but leave your PM SIM in your phone and reply with YES confirming you are porting out.

Once you port out, your account will be closed and the PM SIM will not work once porting is completed (about2 hours).

@M_rutledge wrote:

How can you verify any of this? My phone is still working. In addition, why would all of this happen? 

You stated that your account has been suspended for 1 year.  Any account that has been in suspension for 90 days automatically and permanently closes.   Is your account suspended?  An account can't be suspended but have working service at the same time. To be able to port a phone number out, the phone number must still be active. 

M_rutledge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can you verify any of this? My phone is still working. In addition, why would all of this happen? 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@M_rutledge if you can't log in to your account you will need to contact a CS agent to find out what your account number is but at that point you may as well just ask them if you can have access again. As from transferring out your number, you can do that as long as the number is still active 

@M_rutledge wrote:

My online access has been suspended for 1 year - Does that mean I will not be able to port my phone number out? Just looking for help and options to retrieve my account number so i can leave Public Mobile. Please help 

Sorry, but your Public Mobile account has been closed.  Also, you no longer have access to the phone number and it can't be ported to another carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.