cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number Text Verification Text no More?

Pbubbly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday, I was told by koodo service that  if you are porting your number between telus subsidiaries  (telus,koodo,public mobile) that there will not be a text to confirm anymore? This is supposed to be a brand new change. Can anyone confirm this?

I will be ending my koodo service end of this month, but will be out of the country for 2 months, so do not need service, so just wanted to activate my public mobile account and port my koodo number in when I return, and won't have active koodo service.

THX

Edit..

When talking to the PM Bot it said this in regards to porting and these texts

"

*If you are still within that 90 minute window and still haven't received it, please contact your old carrier to have them manually approve it."

So it seems like one can bypass this text even currently, by contacting the carrier, and having them manually approve it.

P

12 REPLIES 12

@Pbubbly wrote:

it was a koodo rep that told me that the port confirmation text is not required between telus companies like pm and koodo. He said this was a brand new policy change. This was yesterday. Your saying i should call koodo to confirm?

I guess no one on here would have heard about this yet, so im not sure what answers I expected....

Back to no port confirmation texts again...I'm i don't want to go back to see SIM SWAP fraud posts again!

😫

Activation that was involved in just at the end of December was a Koodo to Public Mobile. There was a text.

But, if this agent says "brand new policy"...does he really know anything?

EDIT: striked out extra word

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pbubbly 

Perhaps @J_PM  can confirm or deny but err on the side of caution atm.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Pbubbly

it was a koodo rep that told me that the port confirmation text is not required between telus companies like pm and koodo. He said this was a brand new policy change. This was yesterday. Your saying i should call koodo to confirm?

I guess no one on here would have heard about this yet, so im not sure what answers I expected....

Pbubbly

I know koodo wouldn't delete it for 90 days of inactivity, so I know that I could put service on it if needed. Trying to avoid wasting paying for a service I won't use though.

HI @Pbubbly   I believe there is no guarantee they will port a suspended account within Telus/Koodo/PM.  It is likely they will help but policy can change.    I suggest you contact Koodo and confirm if they are doing it today and hopefully they will do it 2 months later

Pbubbly

How would I port my number without an active account if confirmation text requires service?

Pbubbly

I would be not be renewing my koodo prepaid for the month, its just a basic $15 text plan. I recently did port my number to telus and back, and did receive the text to confirm. 

If there is away around requiring this text, than I can let my koodo service lapse for 2 months, and then sign up with pm and port my number then.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pbubbly 

I have not heard of the dropping of the industry standard porting fraud protection text when porting your number to a new provider. I would not count on that being true.

You can port between telus sister companies without an active account but it would have to be in suspension within the 90 day window or whatever your provider's "small print" suspension window allows.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

SyedJafri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported from PM to Telus and got a confirmation text. Also the switchover is instant and doesn’t require any wait time. So there should be no problem going the other way around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pbubbly : Ending Koodo service? Or canceling? It has been said that numbers can be ported in the family even when not active. But not canceled or fully completely deactivated.

Is this Koodo prepaid or postpaid?

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pbubbly  It's a gamble that has been accepted by others and succeeded, in spite of the official requirement to maintain an active account for porting. 
Suggest you confirm that your number could be reactivated by Koodo when you return. If they delete it from your account the chances of success diminish. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pbubbly 

Others may be able to confirm, but I don't think it's guaranteed that you will be able to port a Koodo number if the Koodo account is suspended at the time. You may have to reactivate the Koodo account to be able to port to PM.

I know for sure you wouldn't be able to port a number from a suspended account with another provider, but there's some chance that porting within the Telus group *may* work even if the account is suspended. It'll be a bit risky at least.

Need Help? Let's chat.