cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port In

Hammad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently ported in my number from NumberBarn, a number parking service. When activating with Public Mobile it didn't ask me for the pin or the account number which is usually the case for porting in. Anyway, my outgoing is working fine but incoming is blocked. Friends said they receive the same message what used to play out when the number was parked.

I tried contacting NumberBarn, no response yet. Should I just deactivate my number from there or let them release it or is this a problem with Public Mobile?

21 REPLIES 21

Hammad

@darlicious it did, yes, thankfully. Thank you @Luddite for sharing the number. They said it is being a problem because Numberbarn is not a standard network. She confirmed the account details and told me that she will reinitiate the request on her end. She also said they will send an update by SMS by Monday. Hopefully, the process after that is quick enough. Thanks everyone for help and concern. I'll keep you posted.

@Hammad  Was the telus porting department able to complete your port?

Hammad

@darlicious @dabr I keep checking the the top right hand corner and also have email notifications on, pretty sure I haven't got a response yet. I did send a private message too, nothing has worked so far. I'm going to try and call at the number @Luddite provided and see what happens

@Hammad 

Have you had a response from the moderators? You have been checking your private mailbox?

This is unusual to have not gotten a response by now. If your phone number has not had a request to port in yet then you've had a failure within the system to set up your account.

Private message the moderators again because you are stuck in limbo til you hear from them. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. It's important to keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Or set your notifications to email you when you get a private message.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Hammad wrote:

So, I raised the ticket on Sunday and then sent another private message to the mod team on Monday. No response yet but had two calls from a 'TELUS' number yesterday and today. Found them only through NumberBarn's website. The thing is I can't pick them up, obviously, because my incoming is blocked. And now they called my friend (emergency contact setup while activation) and asked me to call them! They don't have a number!! I tried calling Telus, explained to them the situation. They said they can't do anything either. Horrible experience so far, have to quit. I don't have an option, I need my number. 

@Hammad  Sorry to hear that your issue hasn't been dealt with yet but moderators have been responding within 2-24 hours recently, so I'm not sure why you haven't heard back.  Did you check the envelope icon top right of your screen?  Usually any response from moderators will show up there.

Hammad

So, I raised the ticket on Sunday and then sent another private message to the mod team on Monday. No response yet but had two calls from a 'TELUS' number yesterday and today. Found them only through NumberBarn's website. The thing is I can't pick them up, obviously, because my incoming is blocked. And now they called my friend (emergency contact setup while activation) and asked me to call them! They don't have a number!! I tried calling Telus, explained to them the situation. They said they can't do anything either. Horrible experience so far, have to quit. I don't have an option, I need my number. 

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'ma put my foot in my mouth now !

@gjong26 wrote:

Did you try sending the moderator a private message? You may get a faster response.

I suppose that is possible, but sending a private message is supposed to cause a slower response. Public Mobile has stated that private messages being sent to moderators are given a lower priority than tickets submitted through SIMon.

Hammad

@gjong26 I didn't. How do I do that?

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try sending the moderator a private message? You may get a faster response.

Hammad

So, I sent NumberBarn a query too. They replied saying they haven't received any request for Port out, SMH. I raised a ticket here, no moderator have responded to me yet, is there any way to reach out quickly?

Hammad

@darlicious ok thanks. I'll do that.

Hammad

Thanks. I'll try that.

@Hammad  Take @Luddite advice and contact the moderators as you may get a porting failure if all of the correct info has not been supplied. Did you take a temporary number to activate? And port in later?

To contact the moderators click on the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type account specific issue and then type human. Follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

If you don't have a temporary number you may want the moderators to assign you one while you wait for your port completion. Good luck!

Hammad

Hey, thanks for your concern and advice. I didn't know about the '?' thing, thanks for letting me know that as well.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Hammad The port-in page does have a field to enter your account number.  If you did not include any account info other than your phone number, I suggest you submit a ticket and provide the info suggested in Numberbarn's video:

https://youtu.be/jVWjkvA9hkc

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hammad wrote:

I recently ported in my number from NumberBarn, a number parking service. When activating with Public Mobile it didn't ask me for the pin or the account number which is usually the case for porting in. Anyway, my outgoing is working fine but incoming is blocked. Friends said they receive the same message what used to play out when the number was parked.

I tried contacting NumberBarn, no response yet. Should I just deactivate my number from there or let them release it or is this a problem with Public Mobile?

@Hammad 

Thats weird usualy you do have to provide  some info of old provider for porting to be switched.

If you just switched then its still in proccess. If you have an extra phone. You can put your old providers simcard in it until the porting is complete. You will be able to receive calls on the old providers phone number still. 

If it has been few days since you switched over then you will need to submit a ticket for the mod team as port switch could be stuck.

If thats the case 

Click "?" At the bottom right of your and you can submit a ticket that way to complete your port rquest.

Cheers

Hammad

Oh thanks. I got a bit worried because I read two hours somewhere while activating. I'll see out the next two days and update.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hammad 

Your port is still ongoing.  Usually, most ports from other cell providers takes a few hours.  With VOIP, landlines, and probably Numberbarn, it will take a couple of days.  

Do not deactivate your number from Numberbarn.  You need an active number for port to be completed.  

Just be patient for now.  If the port is not completed in a few days, then you may need to contact moderator.  

Need Help? Let's chat.