cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Failed from Nov 18, 2016 - Paying for Two Services Currently - Please help!!!

anushanth123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am trying to port from Rogers to Public Mobile. When I went through the activation process on Friday, November 18, it said the activation failed and to visit the community. However, I was able to create an account and I see that I got charged.

When putting my Public Mobile Sim card, I am able to receive texts, send texts, use data, making outgoing calls, but cannot seem to get incoming calls. With Rogers, I am still able to do all but I cannot receive text messages from a couple of my friends who are on the Public Mobile network. Also, it seems that my reward for auto pay was not applied as I had selected that option. I talked with tech support from Rogers and they said that they did not receive a port request from Public Mobile.

I have sent pm and email on Nov 19 and 20 with the required information but have not received a response or any help yet.

Please help!!!

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D

7 REPLIES 7

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@jptcooney I love that attitude. Plenty of time to deal with that later. Things will settle down around here eventually.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome news about the port 🙂

anushanth123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @Shazia_K,

Thank you! I have been successfully ported. Please check your inbox, as I've sent you an inquiry regarding my payments and my billing cycle.  

- Anushanth Kiru

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @anushanth123

I'm sorry about this, 

The port had failed but rest assured that I was able to resubmit it and it should complete in the next 2 hours. 

You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jptcooney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I had a similar problem started originated around the same time as you (Nov 17 for me).  I got a private message from a moderator a few days ago apologizing for the delay and said the porting issue would be completed in 24-36hrs, and was subsequently resolved in more like 8hrs.  You should hear from them shortly.  

One thing that still remains an issue for my account is that they haven't adjusted the billing period in my account to account for the delay in service (initially billed Nov 17, but phone wasn't fully functional until nov 27), but that's a minor issue compared to phone functionality and can be dealt before the end of the billing cycle.

Good luck!

Rockdaddy22
I'll also tag @Shazia_K no service is definitely a serious problem that needs fixing as soon as possible. Please understand she's very busy, but hopefully she'll get to you today. I'm truly sorry for the delay and really appreciate your patience.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@anushanth123  have a look at the below thread, if you said you PM on 18th, then they she be right about your spot ish.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-on-support/m-p/114863

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.