cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor reception

Nocall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We live in N3T. We both have PM, different phones but same poor coverage, no more than 1 bar. We apparently have 3 towers near us and no Telus outage report. Does anyone else have same issue in our area?

10 REPLIES 10

@Nocall actually good news for no problem with your Bell neighbors. Bell and PM/Telus share towers and really no reason that Bell works but not PM 

But first, was it poor data or voice?

if voice , check if you are using VOLTE now.  

• Turn off Wifi first
  • make sure  your phone showing 4G or LTE on the phone status
  • make calls and keep to going.  Check if the network stays on 4G/ LTE or changed to 3G

Let us know what you found 

Nocall

Bell for neighbors, no issues. Friends on Rogers, no issues (except price) 😉

QekaQ

There are certain dead spots even in larger cities like Vancouver, but nothing major. Usually, the signal is bad every time I run under a bridge or I venture deep into cores of older buildings. Most other areas I have no issues with coverage and I move around quite a lot.

@Nocall did you check any of your neighbors using Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin/Lucky and see what their experiences is??

@Nocall  Maybe ask support for some explanation, didn’t you say on Wednesday you were in the middle of a major outage . Could this still be a hangover from that outage 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nocall

According to cellmapper.net, I am on the fringe of Telus coverage (which seems ridiculous) since I live in the city and there are 6000 houses in our subdivision and more coming. Oh but Telus can't afford a new tower......

Nocall

I have already done all those steps, tried Network reset 3x. Just tried Airplane mode, no change. Frustrating since with last provider, almost always had full bars here.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes when phones go into a dark zone (no signal) the phone can sometimes not "sync" back up with the network. Go to your settings, try going into air plane mode, wait 10 seconds then take it out of air plane mode. See if that brings your bars up. If not, then go to your network settings and reset them. Then shut off your phone. Wait a minute and reboot the phone. Try this and let us know how it works.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nocall  Do you happen to have an otter box defender case on your phone . Try taking the case off and see if it helps with reception . Some can block the antenna and make impossible for wireless charging 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nocall just today ro always like this since beginning?

try changing the Network mode between 5G, 4G and 3G. You can use all these networks with any plan you have

Need Help? Let's chat.