cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points vs Rewards

Jophone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone taken the time to figure out how the new Points system compares to the old Rewards system?

TIA,

19 REPLIES 19

Ton2

There is no choice anymore.  They will switch everyone, regardless of accepting it or not. 

Ton2

Doesn't see fair.  I will be paying more than 100% more with the new system, compared to what my current bill is now.

Ton2

Yes, so much for loyalty.  

Ton2

There is no choice. They are moving everyone to the new system, like it or not.

Ton2

This is a disadvantageous plan for many people. Win for Public, loose for the customers.

warzouing

3 main things to be considered when switching to points system :

- no more lower bills with rewards. You start paying full price for your plan.

- points will be accumulated but you have to log in the reward portal to redeem. If you forget, don't do that and cancel your plan, I think all your points are now lost.

- rate for auto payment points (5% of your price plan) comparing to auto payment reward (2$ no matter what plan). To now get 2$ you will need a plan of 40$ while under the old system you get 2$ even for a 15$ plan.

As a general rule, when a company change rule for their reward system, I rarely and almost never see changes being more advantageous to consumer.

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The big loss is the loyalty and auto pay credits from the $ Rewards. I would stay on $ Rewards. BUT new customer should see good value in the points program.  And winner winner is still getting those referals. 

PM Points Vs Dollars.png

Jophone

Thanks 

Jophone

Thank you. Maybe they were losing money and that’s why they made the change? 

Jophone

Thank you 

Jophone

Thanks. I appreciate it. Rewards aren’t an option for new accounts any more. 

Jophone

Apparently after Jan 2022, you don’t have a choice. When you sign up a new account, Rewards are no longer an option. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jophone yes, we talked about this a lot.  We all agree it is better with old system. Kissing loyalty discount is big.  Then if you are on low end plans, loading auropay discount is another big loss

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jophone 

You will need to pay a total of $300 to get 15 points for a $15 credit of your bill.

So depending on what plan you are on. You can calculate how many months of payment you need to get 15 points.

Plus you will lose the $2/month credit if you are on AutoPay.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jophone 

Yes, with the new system, the $2 Autopay discount will be gone.  And in fact , you will loss your Loyalty rewards as well on the new system.

The old one is MUCH betrer

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more Loyalty reward, so no more $1/month up to $5/month.  Instead, they only give $10 every year on the anniversary. 
    So, for someone with PM between 13th to 24th months:
               old reward program will get $12 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    So, for someone with PM between 25th to 36th months:
               old reward program will get $24 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    for someone with  PM between 61th and 72th month (and same after this point)
                 old reward program will get   $60/year compare with $10/year on the new system 
  3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jophone Yes, someone has done and old rewards are better.  You don't have to wait for 15 points to accumulate to start taking discount off monthly bill.  On old system you got $2 off for auto pay.  RAF gets you immediate $1 off and you don't have to wait for points to accumulate.  So it seems overall, old system rewards you more often and accounts are even sought after that are still on the old reward system.

@Jophone wrote:

Has anyone taken the time to figure out how the new Points system compares to the old Rewards system?

There's really no comparison. The old system is much better for customers.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jophone  Yes lots here have and old rewards  are  superior to points , just don’t make the change if you haven’t already there no going back it’s a one way street 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jophone 

The old rewards system is much better. I would not recommend switching.

Need Help? Let's chat.