cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue receiving iPhone Messages

Bobby6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,  I recently changed my cell phone from a Samsung A52 to a Samsung A13.  On my old A52 I used to receive texts from iPhones.  With the A13 I can send texts with no issues to all users but I do not receive texts from iPhone users. I'm using the same messaging app (Google Messenger) on the new phone.

Is this an issue with the phone configuration?

18 REPLIES 18

Ktmken22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having the exact same issue.  Just switched from fido to PM with my Galaxy Note 9.  Now I cannot receive txt messages from Iphone users.  No issues txting to and from Androids and can also txt to Iphones and receive MMS from Iphones but just not SMS txts from iphones??  Anyone come up with a solutions?

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you make any changes to the APN on the iphone?  My iphone is doing it again this past weekend, picture mms is not being sent to my Google Pixel.

I did make one small change to the iphone APN last month when diagnosing this but admittedly did not check the phone this time to see if it had changed on its own.

edit: need to check this: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

Both phones do have data on. My number is not registered as an Apple ID number, the iphone is.  Really confused why this is happenning, obviously must be my situation otherwise we'd be hearing about it a lot more often.  If anyone has suggestions what the APN should be on the iphone please respond.

Bobby6

I do not have any iPhones. I have my old personal Samsung A52 which had no issues. I have my new personal A13 which is having the issues. I also have my work phone an A11 which is not having issues. 

There are 2 iPhones that send me messages. The SMS messages do not come into my phone. I do receive MMS from the iPhones.

I will try changing the APN setting and get back to you in a few days. Thanks!

Bobby6

Tried this and it did not work.

Bobby6

The Native SMS app (Samsung Messages v14) on my current personal phone A13 is having this issue.  I also downloaded Google Messages which did not help.

My work phone which is a A11 with Samsung Messages v13 is not having the same issue.

Bobby6

It seems to be from all iPhones for SMS messages.  MMS messages are being sent with no issues.

Bobby6

It seemed that Google Messages App translates SMS and iMessages...I have a Samsung A11 (work phone with Telus SIM) that is working fine for these SMS messages. My old personal A52 with the Public Mobile SIM worked fine. The new personal A13 is having the issue so it must be something to do with the phone.

Bobby6

No, I did not use the Smart Switch app.  I'm not a heavy user of my phone so everything is usually the default.  The A52 has been restored to factory setting and is out of my possession now so I can not try the smart switch with it.

I downloaded the same messaging app that I had on my A52 (Google Messages).  

Bobby6

I am using Google Messages app. I also switched over to the Android Messages app but that did not change anything.

I am only receiving MMS from iPhones...so right now people are taking screenshots and sending those to me messages.

So to recap, SMS is going out and coming in fine on my Samsung phone to Android phones, but SMS into my phone from iPhones are not coming in.  MMS into my phone from iPhones are coming in. 

This is on multiple iPhones. 

Bobby6

Tried this and it didn't work.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What version iphones are you texting with?  I'm currently diagnosing MMS issues between an android and an iphone 6s plus. 

I can send pictures to the iphone without problems, but the iphone frequently gets the red error "message not sent" when trying to text me pictures.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, some days pictures will come through without issue, but today there were 3 pictures (between sms texts) in a row that didn't send.  Both phones are with public mobile.

I just updated the iphone to iOS 15.7.9 today to see if that helps but I think we all know it's not part of the problem.

This thread describes APN settings to check so I have yet to verify this on the iphone https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Size-limit-on-picture-texting/m-p/544949/...

and this from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/102483

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Bobby6 

go to messenger settings and disable RCS chats and see if that helps

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Only suggestion I always provide is use NATIVE SMS app not 3rd party apps and you will Never has issues.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Bobby6 

just one friend not able to send from his iPhone? or more than one?  it could be the sender problem and not yours

@BKNS27- Sending and receiving real SMS texts should not care about the messaging app. It's all standardized. imessage on the other hand... 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bobby6 

Did you use the Samsung Smart Switch app to transfer all your data and apps from the A52 to the A13?

If not, just do a factory reset on the A13 and  once this is done. Open the Smart Switch app on both phones then follow the prompts to receive and send data.

I think the messaging app on the A13 is different from the one you are using on the A52.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Guessing here...would the chat service be being used between Android and iphone? Not sure. And if so then turn it on on the new phone.
Or were those iphone messages coming to you as MMS. Maybe turn on cell data and then see if a message will arrive. You should have received an MMS notification regardless though, but maybe something to look at.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bobby6 

Perhaps try clearing the cache for your message app and see if that solves it for you. 

Start the Settings app.

2. Tap Apps.

3. Go to the list of apps (tap See all apps if necessary) and tap Messages.

4. Tap Storage & cache.

5. Tap Clear cache

Reboot your device after clearing the cache. Also might be worth checking that your device’s OS is fully up to date. 
Need Help? Let's chat.