cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - Account Lockup!

zen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to help my father, he has no service at the moment.

His account is locked up due to payment not being processed since his credit card number has changed.
He does not remember his email address for the account so he is not able to log back in and make the payment and update his cc.

Tried sending a message to the online mods a while ago but no response.

How long does it take to get a response here from a mod for critical things such as no service??? 

This is a disgrace for the response time and customer service.

27 REPLIES 27

@computergeek541 

I wouldn't recommend this method even though I'm trustworthy. It was to stress the point that....           .....It's your Dad! Just figure out what it takes to get his lifeline to the outside world up and running! Everything else is trivial....but I'm always happy to help!

@darlicious wrote:

@zen 

Up until New Years customer support wait times were averaging 1 - 2 hours then something happened and they shot up to 48 + hours. No official explanation has been given and that is unacceptable given its been over a month. That does not help your situation with your father nor does complaining about it instead of doing something about it. You need gas don't you? Buy a voucher at a Shell station or a real time payment at a Canadian Tire gas bar. Or get one from SDM if you are picking up a prescription. You have options to help your father out.....send me a paypal payment and I will buy the voucher for you if you don't want to leave your house.......

Thanks for offering to help this person. When it comes to if this member has Paypal, @zen  coudl purchase directly from ding.com or recharge.com. I would imagine that the service fees that they charge would be similar to what some retailers charge, and going this route won't require you to visit a store either.

@darlicious wrote:

@zen 

Up until New Years customer support wait times were averaging 1 - 2 hours then something happened and they shot up to 48 + hours. No official explanation has been given and that is unacceptable given its been over a month. That does not help your situation with your father nor does complaining about it instead of doing something about it. You need gas don't you? Buy a voucher at a Shell station or a real time payment at a Canadian Tire gas bar. Or get one from SDM if you are picking up a prescription. You have options to help your father out.....send me a paypal payment and I will buy the voucher for you if you don't want to leave your house.......

@darlicious @zen CCS (Canadian Cell Supplies) offers a $50 full price voucher. I have bought vouchers from them in the past. They email a picture of the voucher within a few hours of purchase.

@zen 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zen : So what did you hear when you tried the toll free number and followed the prompts? At least if only to try to narrow down what the problem actually is with the service while you unfortunately continue waiting.

And you did submit the whole ticket thing right? Not just a private message to them?

Edit: Remember that with all of your activity is that you're asking on behalf of another account holder. So you kinda need to look like you're the account holder as long as you can supply all of the identifying information.

zen

Can anyone please tell me how to contact a manager or someone higher than @CS_Agent here?

Since the @CS_Agent is not replying at all, I would like to send a message to someone whos is professional enough and have empathy to reply to NO SERVICE messages.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zen : Sure. But you still have no service. You can buy vouchers online from a couple places. And the Instant Top-Up can be done online as well although with a caveat.

I also suggest calling that toll free number I gave to see what the account status is since you can't log in to see. If it asks for money then you're suspended. If it just welcomes you then your account is fine and it's likely a different problem. If it doesn't work to get in to hear something then it's an even worse problem.

zen

@Anonymous 

We are trying not to go out looking for vouchers during the lockdown here.

Its highly disrespectful and unprofessional of PM for ignoring customers with service issues, especially during this pandemic when phone service is essential.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zen : Just above, I offered several options to renew that plan from where you are.

zen

17+hrs have gone by with NO SERVICE and still no response. from @CS_Agent, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they still "too busy" providing embarrassing customer service?

I will be starting a CRTC complaint about this kind of treatment.

SHAME ON YOU PM!!  especially during this tough time treating seniors like this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zen 

There's no down-voting here. I think your comments are entirely valid and insightful.

Are you able to "transmit" a 12 digit code to him somehow? Written, verbal, email? Does he have wifi access on the phone?

If you can buy a voucher and somehow give the code to him then he could dial 611 and redeem the voucher and pay for his renewal.

Edit: oh wait...you could buy a voucher and redeem it yourself using 18554public. And you can buy vouchers online.

Or you could go to one of a few stores and use the Instant Top-up method yourself.

Or, if his phone number is originally from Public Mobile and not transferred/ported from somewhere else then you could use one of the online Instant Top-up sites yourself.

@zen wrote:

WOW!!!   9+ hrs gone since the first message to @CS_Agent and still no action, no response and complete ignorance for a NO SERVICE issue!!!

Public Mobile usually asks 48 hours of customers. Also, pelase note that official moderator hours ended a little more than 4 hours ago at 10pm eastern time.  Hopefully, they get to you soon. 

zen

WOW!!!   9+ hrs gone since the first message to @CS_Agent and still no action, no response and complete ignorance for a NO SERVICE issue!!!

zen

When its not about yourself, it really easy to say just wait for 48 hours or install something else.  My father is not here in the same household as me, he is in isolation and he is a senior and not technically inclined to install apps and find workarounds.  

I know most people won't agree or are afraid to say anything because they are afraid that they will get down voted and their monthly points will be taken away by @CS_Agent , so they simply agree with the treatment they get from PM and only say bad things when they know deep down that its not good.

At this point after 4+hrs when you are "too busy" or ignore to resolve a NO SERVICE incident then I have to say SHAME ON PM. 👎

zen

2+hrs and still nothing from @CS_Agent 😠👎.

I guess there is no regard for seniors and customer support

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@zen wrote:

Thank you all for your feedback.

The support model here hasn't changed since the customers do not stand up for a better customer service or maybe the provider doesn't care.

Nothing really has changed here in the last few years, there doesn't even seem to be different priority level and different queues for different issues.  It all seems like you throw you issue in a cloud somewhere and someone will grab it and reply to it whenever they get a chance or if they you are on their favorite list.

@zen I meant no offence. But unless people start voting with their wallets, ie leave PM for somewhere that meets their needs for a price they are willing to pay, Pm has no incentive to change. The wallet decides. Enough wallets leave PM might take notice. I have no doubt that they would prefer you to move up to Koodo or Telus. 

Anyways, hope you get your Dad sorted out soon.

zen

Thank you all for your feedback.

The support model here hasn't changed since the customers do not stand up for a better customer service or maybe the provider doesn't care.

Nothing really has changed here in the last few years, there doesn't even seem to be different priority level and different queues for different issues.  It all seems like you throw you issue in a cloud somewhere and someone will grab it and reply to it whenever they get a chance or if they you are on their favorite list.

@Luddite wrote:

@kb_mv  Unless you have provider with kiosks, doubt any other carrier is better overall.  Here's some older thoughts on the matter: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753/highlight/true...

@Luddite  A higher tier offers phone support which is not offered here. If this is important to someone, it makes that carrier better than here.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@zen wrote:

I am trying to help out a senior.

The higher tier provider are also providing service a cheaper rate now, so PM is not so flashy anymore and shouldn't use the excuse that we are gonna provide crappy customer service to our customer just because we are lower in price.

@zen I understand you are trying to help your dad. Perhaps it would be better to port his number to a higher tier provider that is offering 24/7 phone support for a low price. I have 2 accounts here (year and a half). Both accounts on the $15 plan. My total cost each month for both combined is $11. I'll put up with the service model they have for that. To each his own I guess. You need to get your dad to somewhere that works for both of you.

zen

Thanks @Luddite , you are always a good friend.

But during COVID, where most businesses struggled and went online and still provided great customer service for the same price, the PM old excuse for not providing timely service seems to old and too unacceptable.

If we all don't say anything, it will never get better.

@kb_mv  Unless you have provider with kiosks, doubt any other carrier is better overall.  Here's some older thoughts on the matter: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753/highlight/true...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zen

I am trying to help out a senior.

The higher tier provider are also providing service a cheaper rate now, so PM is not so flashy anymore and shouldn't use the excuse that we are gonna provide crappy customer service to our customer just because we are lower in price.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@zen  It's going to take a while; plan on coping for 48 hours but hope for better.

Meanwhile, help your dad install app from Fongo/TextNow and he can call everyone using wifi.

Hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@zen wrote:

Thanks guys, nothing against you but this should no longer be a valid excuse for PM to dangle customers for 2 to 48 hours even if they don't have service.

During last few months pretty much every business has gone online so PM to keep using 'we are all online and therefore, there are delays" excuse is pretty lame and pathetic at this point.

@zen It sounds like you may be with the wrong provider. You might want to look at a higher tier provider for your dad that has customer service 24/7 by phone.

zen

Thanks guys, nothing against you but this should no longer be a valid excuse for PM to dangle customers for 2 to 48 hours even if they don't have service.

During last few months pretty much every business has gone online so PM to keep using 'we are all online and therefore, there are delays" excuse is pretty lame and pathetic at this point.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@zen wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to help my father, he has no service at the moment.

His account is locked up due to payment not being processed since his credit card number has changed.
He does not remember his email address for the account so he is not able to log back in and make the payment and update his cc.

Tried sending a message to the online mods a while ago but no response.

How long does it take to get a response here from a mod for critical things such as no service??? 

This is a disgrace for the response time and customer service.

@zen The established wait time is up to 48 hours. It's not a secret. While you wait (I assume you sent them a private message?) go out and buy a voucher and add it by dialing 611.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

usually within 2 to 48 hours...

did you submit thought the bubble on the lower right of the page?

you can also try Send a private message to the moderator here (although this seems to be a slow way): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

.. and maybe you can try Forget password.  Try all the different email addresses he has and see which one would work when you try Forget Password

Need Help? Let's chat.