cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

Jwst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So Public Mobile has been charging me $40/mo for 20GB @4G speed.  I clicked change plan, and I see a 20GB @4G plan for $30/mo.  Then I searched their plans from the drop menu and I see a plan for 15GB @4G for $30/mo.  What a mess, and how long have I been over paying for a plan with less data.  So, as a customer I have to shop your plans all the time to make sure I’m not being ripped off.   My number is also long distance for some people who live near me with local plans, but I guess that’s what cheap gets me. 

9 REPLIES 9

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nobody’s being ripped off here. There are always new plan offers coming out. But it’s up to you to stay up to date if you want to switch to something better. Make sure you’re getting the promotional emails. 
At least you’re not locked into a contract. 

Jwst

For sure, I don’t need all the bells and whistles, just want to save $ 🙂

Jwst

Ty Dunkman, they gave me a 782 area code rather than 902, definitely considering a change. 

Jwst

Ty, good advice!

Jwst

Thank you Slusagm, I hadn’t considered new plans.  I’ll be keeping an eye on prices, just never think to because it’s automated. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Jwst 

$30-20GB is for new activation only

but the $30-15GB is for most of us.  If you see it on your My Account, then choose it

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jwst 

Unfortunately, like with most mobile companies, it is the responsiblity of the existing customers to keep up to date on different plan changes.  At least now, you have found out and able to change to cheaper plan. It is recommended to change to next renewal date (not immediately since PM does not pro-rate plans).   I would recommend checking once a month to see what is being offered.  

You do have the option to change phone number to your local area if you wanted to. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-phone-number

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jwst 

PM plans change about every month but the good thing is that you can switch plans anytime and you are not locked in to a plan.

Remember to switch plan on your next Renewal Date because there are no prorated refunds on unused days if you switch Now.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

no mobile provider will change plan for you automatically.  You need to check what plans available for you and make change yourself.  Also, some plans are for new activation only and might not be available for you

So, go to your My Account, click Change Subscription and check what plans you can change to.  You can then select it and use Change on Renewal to schedule a change.  Do not use Change Now option or PM will charge you new plan and start new plan now, the old one would be wasted since it is not done the cycle yet

Need Help? Let's chat.