cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans seemed to have changed again....

Dolphin12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just to confirm as long as you don't change what you currently have you continue to keep the same offer - correct?

19 REPLIES 19

@Dolphin12 wrote:

@will13am I agree everyone needs to do what is best for themselves. I'm also a firm believer that a company should stand behind it's customers. Treat customers fairly and they will have no reason to look elsewhere.

brand loyalty is a thing of the past.  Once you've activated a PM acct, that's all PM cares about. It looks good at the next quarterly meetings. A lot of people sign up for their PM acct, then forget about it as long as it still works. In days gone by, corporations would reward loyal customers, but not any longer. Things have changed and we have to change how we think too. I do value my current PM $15 plan with talk/text and a bit of data...but if I see a better plan elsewhere, I would go. As a matter of fact, I've quit telling people they should only consider PM...they should look around for the best company that has the best plan that suites their requirement and lifestyle. Forget company loyalty...they've (Telus / Public Mobile) forgotten us.

sp

Dolphin12

@will13am I agree everyone needs to do what is best for themselves. I'm also a firm believer that a company should stand behind it's customers. Treat customers fairly and they will have no reason to look elsewhere.

I don't disagree, service providers do play with fire when favoring certain customers only.  All customers have a pair of feet.

Isn't that how astute shoppers pay a whole lot less than lazy shoppers that just grab the most convenient item off the shelf?  Even the concept of restricting deals to certain customer is not novel.  If you ever use retailer apps, you will see exclusive deals that not all customers get.  It does suck to be drawing the short straw.  I have always advocated voting with your wallet.  Don't get mad, get even, buy what's best for you. 

tracies1111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think what they are referring to is the old rewards would lower your monthly costs e.g. I never paid $25 a month for my $25 plan with my rewards but now that I was switched to points my bill is $25 /mth. And yes I am probably going to go to Fizz since there I can get the deals they are restricting to new activations here. I can get 6gb for $22 there which you can only get as a new customer here. Sad that it has to be that way, I AM a loyal person, I've had this account for years and would have stayed with it but apparently new subscribers are more important than I am so I'll just be a new Fizz customer instead.

Droogle

I get it, new plans come along that are better than what i signed for and I need to be diligent in checking to see I have the most up to date.  But to increase the price, while offering the same plan because you made a change to your incentive program?  What? I’m paying $6 more because I didn’t sign up for Public Points?  GTFOH

allowing existing clients to opt into these new plans WOULD be a good idea and a better reward system.  That’s how you keep customers. 

Dolphin12

@hTideGnow it's unfortunate but seems to be the current pattern. Hopefully things will change with upcoming promos, as there are lots of unhappy loyal customers each time a new promo launched that they cannot access.

Dolphin12

@hairbag1 this is true but PM should also be loyal to their existing customers and give them an opportunity to partake in all new offers. Even if they offer them for a limited time it gives everyone a chance to opt in if they choose to.

Dolphin12

@will13am I agree. The only thing I think should be done differently is offering these deals to existing members for xxx amount of time. This would give everyone (new/existing) the opportunity at the new plans.

Droogle

A reward plan is irrelevant to a pricing program.  My point is- the same plan was being offered- why not roll it into the new plan?

appreciate there are good deals with Public- and a better deal/sale will always come along.  Doesn’t negate the fact they charged an existing client more for a change to an incentive program while offering the same **bleep** plan for $6 less per month.   That’s just insult to injury.  

@Droogle , technically the price on your plan did not increase.  The rewards program associated with your account was revised.  Generally, plan prices dropped even for existing customers although the window for taking advantage of the price drop was narrow.  As I mentioned to you in a different thread, a $19/1GB plan was available to you for some time.  Had you made a switch on time, your monthly cost would have been about the same.  Just like shopping for any sale, it's necessary to keep an eye on the deals as they are always time limited and limited quantities. The good thing is sales do repeat from time to time.  Humble brag, several of my accounts are on a $75/60GB/90 day plan.  There are very good deals here. 

@SpeakingTruth wrote:

It's a shame for being a loyal customer

Lesson here is...be loyal to your budget. If you find a better deal that fits your budget and lifestyle...that's where your loyalty should rest.

SpeakingTruth

It's a shame for being a loyal customer

Droogle

Correct!

For existing customers what they did was increase their price from what they were paying- only to offer the SAME package for LESS!  Thanks Public.  My 1GB plan went to $25 while they’re now offering it for $19 and new customers get 6GB for $23!  

hi @Dolphin12 

official for new activations only  😞

Dolphin12

Public Mobile rolls out new $23/6GB, $20/2GB plans to match Fizz The plans offer 4G data and unlimited Canada-wide calling and textiNG

https://mobilesyrup.com/2024/07/09/public-mobile-23-6gb-20-2gb-plans/

The changes overall are pretty minor, though they do open up some more options for people looking at lower-cost 4G plans. 

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sansan wrote:

I'm still on the original $15.00 plan without any increase. I'm yet to see anything that will entice me to change.

If it fits your needs, hang on to it.

PM now has also taken away the option to downgrade your plan from existing customers. In other words, if you are like my family member who, for years, was on the $15 plan, but during summer, when going camping, switched to a higher data plan for a few months and then switched back to $15 in fall, you won't be able to do that anymore. This person is now stuck on $34 or higher plans. They would have been ok going to $19/1GB for the end of summer change (since $15 is for new activations only now). That plan was available to them when they looked at the offers while on the $15 plan. As soon as they switched to $34, the $19 plan (as well as the $29) disappeared. 

We really tried to adapt to the new Public Mobile, but this is the last straw. They have taken away every feature that initially prompted us to sign up with them. Time to move on.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I'm still on the original $15.00 plan without any increase. I'm yet to see anything that will entice me to change.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin12 

I have been with PM for a couple of years and my plan haven’t change in cost.

In the past, PM increase the very old $10 plan to $13. It cause a big uproar to longtime members.

Need Help? Let's chat.