cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan suspended & won't renew, but funds are in account!

a-dawg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today (July 23) would be the beginning of my 3rd month with Public Mobile and, just like last month, a few days before the plan was to renew, I logged in and made a credit card payment to ensure there were funds to cover the plan. I paid the "recommended" $25 plan fee - $2 autopay = $23.00 (+ tax) paid. The payment processed ($25.76 came out of my bank account dated July 22) and the credit showed immediately on my PM account.

tmp2-payments.pngMidnight tonight was plan expiry but it didn't renew my calling plan. When I log in it shows that the plan is suspended.... but some more strange things are:

• it now shows a $27 credit balance... since it gave me another $2 autopay reward.
  • the 500MB data + 500MB bonus data did renew (at no cost?) and currently works.
  • when I click "Reactivate Current Plan" it asks me for a $0 payment. When I click to pay that $0 it says "Your account already has enough balance".

tmp-makepay.png

This is absolutely terrible timing since I discovered the problem when I got the "your call can't be completed since you don't have a long-distance plan" recording while making a late-night call to emergency services in another province (only available from my province via a long-distance number)

...that combined with the fact that I've been raving to everyone I know about how great PM is, and that they should switch carriers... maybe I spoke too soon?

tmp1.png

So, what gives?!
How quickly can this issue be resolved?
And when it's fixed, what do I get in return for the time and trouble - and for not being able to contact emergency services when I needed to?

9 REPLIES 9

@a-dawg wrote:
Thanks @kselmak for the reply.

How do I contact the mods?

Are you saying this is normal and my account will look like this for a day every month, regardless of when/how I pay?

Sorry for late reply.

Yes mine always look like that and very first time I freaked out.  I searched the community and saw it's common.

But another information I found then is that autopay may fail, and that account may really be suspended after midnight, so now I always top up my account manually before due date just in case. I still have autopay on and I still receive the credit for it but I never let it top up by itself. If I already didn't top up I treat that sms that warns me due date is coming as a top up reminder.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Click here to contact Mod. 

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

As for will this happen every month, yes it likely will. It concerned me the first time too and in retrospect, I over reacted. Last night one of my accounts was rolling over so I watched it.

Around 9pm Atlantic (8pm Eastern), the account said: Account expired.

By 1am Atlantic, the account said: Account Suspendid.

By 10 am Atlantic, the this morning the account looked normal again.

In this case, I never lost service at any point while I was awake and using my phone. Whether it is fixed in the future or not is up to PM and its programmers, but if it always goes like this for me, it is not a concern. If I lost the use of my phone for 16 hours, or days, I would be a lot more concerned.

I too live in Atlantic. Mine took 16 hours, from 9pm ADT to 1pm ADT the next day.

Click here to contact Mod. 

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

As for will this happen every month, yes it likely will. It concerned me the first time too and in retrospect, I over reacted. Last night one of my accounts was rolling over so I watched it.

Around 9pm Atlantic (8pm Eastern), the account said: Account expired.

By 1am Atlantic, the account said: Account Suspendid.

By 10 am Atlantic, the this morning the account looked normal again.

In this case, I never lost service at any point while I was awake and using my phone. Whether it is fixed in the future or not is up to PM and its programmers, but if it always goes like this for me, it is not a concern. If I lost the use of my phone for 16 hours, or days, I would be a lot more concerned.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

again, it is a well known bug/glitch that PM doesn't want to fix. Wait for another 12 hours and see. Mine took 16 hours. PM's excuses is that their fund transaction takes a lot longer than any other business. While others take seconds, theirs takes 12 hours.

As long as your phone is working.. you can ignore Plan Expired display during the payment cycle.. ie during the time when you plan is being renewed. If autopay is successful, if you login now the message should be gone. it is one of the quirks of Public mobile

here is the link to contact the https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CCTS is the consumer protection organisation for telecommunication consumers in Canada.

a-dawg
Thanks @kselmak for the reply.

How do I contact the mods?

Are you saying this is normal and my account will look like this for a day every month, regardless of when/how I pay?

a-dawg

Thanks for the reply @GinYVR.
I'm not sure what you mean y "let the payment cycle go through"? As I understand it, the plan was supposed to expire (and auto-renew) at midnight this morning.Are you saying it's normal for it to say "Plan Expired" for a day every month?

How do I contact the mods and CCTS (and what's CCTS)?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Your plan will renew tonight at midnight.

Your old plan should be working although it said it expired.

Usually when i dial and hear that message it meant that i missdialed and I'm calling usa number by accident.

I also don't like that ' pay by October 21st' line and i think you should contact the mods to sink it either way.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@a-dawgThanks for your detail screenshots and description. I would suggest just let the payment cycle go through and see if the service is restored by then. Can you dial any other number? Maybe it is specific to the emergency number out of province?

I double checked my transaction history also shows the Autopay credits are credited on renewal date.. but it won't be used until the next renewal cycle.

As for not able to access emergency services etc.. those can be only be left to the Moderators or CCTS if you choose to escalate.

Need Help? Let's chat.