cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting "offer" to 5132 and what comes back

papabonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent Hi, if an offer is no longer valid I don't think it should be sent back when someone texts offer to 5132. Saves the trouble of making the trip to a Koodo kiosk..... And if it IS sent back it should be honored imho. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

I don't even think he is right in principle

The tangent on scanning code of practise is meant for transparency (eg you pick up item X since it had a listed price of $1, get to register it scans as $2)

Even in a retail store they frequently have documentation posted that says things like "buy before this date and get this price"

Thats also why they always have disclaimers such as E&OE which is common in most industries who advertise

Anonymous
Not applicable

@papabonk wrote:

@will13am Please read all the sentences in post so you fully understand what the substance of a statement is. I appreciate your help and input. Would like to hear from those originally tagged to see the company's point of view on this. How about it @CS_Agent

I was in to writing a whole long spiel and then thought...

You do know that offers come along all the time right? Wait a bit and another offer will be by. You missed this one for now. Oh well.

As will13am said...you're right...in principle. But is it worth the effort to fight for it now?

Count me among the confused

You send a txt message on Nov 1 (example) to the 5132, and it sends you back a txt saying if you activate before Oct 31 (example) you can get deal X

And you want them to honour the expired promotion on what grounds?

Also from a technical standpoint if you *really* want to complain, you should be posting in Koodo forum and messaging them as Public does not directly have anything to do with this offer....

Scanning Code or practise is VOLUNTARY and not every retailer even supports it (they have a list of signatories on their website)

Price accuracy has nothing to do with an expired promo (in your own example if you received an expired coupon there is no reason for them to honour it)

papabonk

@will13am Please read all the sentences in post so you fully understand what the substance of a statement is. I appreciate your help and input. Would like to hear from those originally tagged to see the company's point of view on this. How about it @CS_Agent

@papabonk wrote:

@will13am https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-price-accuracy-code/ . I have been on the receiving end of some discounted products as a result of this code existing. Even on expired sales. In principal one could apply the logic of that code to this situation. Your opinion may be different but isn't that what keeps the conversation going?

Mod team has been tagged in original post. Let's see what they have to say about it.

All the power to you.  Carriers don't abide by SCOP.  

papabonk

@will13am https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-price-accuracy-code/ . I have been on the receiving end of some discounted products as a result of this code existing. Even on expired sales. In principal one could apply the logic of that code to this situation. Your opinion may be different but isn't that what keeps the conversation going?

Mod team has been tagged in original post. Let's see what they have to say about it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@papabonk, I agree with you it is a cleanup issue that should have been taken care of.  Your suggestion that they should honor a deal in which the text clearly states the expiry date which is in the past is asking for too much.  Two wrongs don't really make a right.  If you feel adamant that you are in the right, go ahead and ask them to see if they will honor a clearly expired deal.  BTW, grocery stores that do not take down sales signs with clear expiry date shown do not honor the sale as continuing past the expiry date.  Now if there is no date on the signage then all is fair. 

papabonk

@will13am If expired it should not exist as a reply. If a retailer forgets to remove last week's sale price from a shelf they honour it. I was looking for an offer. One was returned. Yes, had a date on it. All I'm saying do not send it to a customer if no longer valid. Or if you do, honour it. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@papabonk, it is an expired offer.  The expiry date is clearly indicated.  So, not much effort to honored an expired offer.  I am not sure what the problem is.

Need Help? Let's chat.