cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan selection has changed

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey community,

It looks like there have been some changes made to the plan selection in the self-serve. We are limited to what is currently listed on the plans page. I had "scheduled" a plan change to the $55 20GB plan with promo code. I was waiting to do an immediate plan change the night before my plan renews. Lo and behold the plan was displaying as "$0 undefined". See the screenshots below. I cancelled the plan change knowing there are issues with signing up for it as an existing customer.

11 REPLIES 11

mitchnet12

Yup that's the offer. I like the idea of having flexibility of having mobile data, especially if the internet goes down. I have been on the $25 1GB plan for the longest time and been fine with it. This month I have used about 600MB, which includes a number of data speed tests. A lower price for essentially the same data has some appeal. It's true that the $40 15GB plan is likely a very limited offer, now that there's the $45 20GB plan.

mitchnet12

@wetcoaster  I'm sorry that we're in the same boat. Hopefully we'll get another crack at that offer.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mitchnet12 wrote:

@softechI had seen that post. The self-serve had not been affected at the time it was posted.

@popping  The BF offer only worked for immediate plan changes. Being on the $40 15GB isn't much of a loss now. I wasn't willing to swich plans 5 days into the new period.

@mitchnet12 

Is the plan with only last for 12 months?

If yes, I heard about that.  It allowed a small number of members to schedule plan change while PM was working on the plan details.  You were one of the members were locked out from that deal error.

Agree with you on the $40 15GB plan.  My son switched from the $40 5GB plan to the 15GB plan.  He only used half of the 15GB plan.  My son and I discussed the pro and con to the 20GB for a year and back to $40 15GB plan after 12 months.

It may be a blessing in disguise.  It will be hard to reduce your data usage after getting used  to using 20GB/m for 12 months.

I had just logged in to do the same thing - switching from the scheduled change to the immediate change to the $55 - $20... To do so the scheduled change has to be deleted.

The fact that, on top of the plan change tag showing up weirdly and only two 4G plans ($40 and $45) showing up when clicking "change plan", the payment page is also not loading properly and preventing me to do anything lets me believe that it might be a server glitch. (And yes, I tried all tricks we recommend here, with the same result).

I'm in the lucky situation to have two more days until renewal and will make another attempt tomorrow at work to see if that brings me back to the screen I've seen yesterday. 

@mitchnet12 wrote:

@softechI had seen that post. The self-serve had not been affected at the time it was posted.

@popping  The BF offer only worked for immediate plan changes. Being on the $40 15GB isn't much of a loss now. I wasn't willing to swich plans 5 days into the new period.

I'm aware of some examples of schedule plan changes working fine, but I also some instances of the system doing strange things such as adding $20 to the plan price instead of subtracting.

mitchnet12

@computergeek541  I had a feeling that I would have been burnt. I agree with your view on the issue.

mitchnet12

@popping wrote:

@mitchnet12 

You should have scheduled plan change on your next renewal date for the time limited offers.  PM will honor your scheduled plan change even the plan offer is no longer available on your renewal date.

Sorry, better luck next time.  Boxing week is coming.  PM may bring it back for a few days.

I'm also pretty sure that the chagne will be honored, but it likely won't be without the need to get a CSA involved.

@mitchnet12 wrote:

It looks like there have been some changes made to the plan selection in the self-serve. We are limited to what is currently listed on the plans page. I had "scheduled" a plan change to the $55 20GB plan with promo code. I was waiting to do an immediate plan change the night before my plan renews. Lo and behold the plan was displaying as "$0 undefined". See the screenshots below. I cancelled the plan change knowing there are issues with signing up for it as an existing customer.

This all started when the Self Serve account page had an overhaul back in July.  While I have not been imformed of any policy change disallowing pre-scheduled plan changes that were set before the plan was discontinued, my past readings were just as yours of these instances leads me to believe that the outcomes were not favorable. I was also affected by this, and had this same change scheduled, but I'm not going to pursue it.  I do feel that if Public Mobile is going to disallow such plan changes, they should just get rid of the scheduled changes entirely but introduce a plan fee proration system.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mitchnet12 

You should have scheduled plan change on your next renewal date for the time limited offers.  PM will honor your scheduled plan change even the plan offer is no longer available on your renewal date.

Sorry, better luck next time.  Boxing week is coming.  PM may bring it back for a few days.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mitchnet12 

yes, someone reported that the PM's plan page left with only two 4G speed plan earlier this week.  And started earlier today, only three 4G plans on Plan change page as well

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Only-two-4G-plans-now/td-p/921040

Need Help? Let's chat.