cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan renewal

stephyloo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I forgot that I changed my plan to the $35 one so payment didnt go through. This morning I switched it back to the $25 plan and it took payment (I had $29 on my account). Now I can't get my service to turn back on. When I try to call my husbands phone, it says I dont have an active long distance plan. His number isnt long distance but I also get that when I call anywhere else.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry, just saw your reply.

We are actively trying to lessen the waiting time but we also do not want to interfere with you guys as you are always a big help.

In this case due to the fact that I knew the the correction had to be done by the moderators I made sure the customer reaches us as fast as possible.

What I can advise is that when the customer says" when calling it says I don't have an active long distance plan" this means that they no longer have minutes or the plan is not active, the lost/stolen does not help unless it's a more general system issue.

They need to check their plan usage and payments.

Thanks again for the help,

Camelia_<

@Camelia_M 

I beg to differ.

We know from experience that the lost/stolen or nominal extra payment very often kickstarts the service when there's a problem. When your wait times were appallingly bad, these were very useful tools for the customer to get going. With your evident shorter wait times, although still an unknown factor when the customer just wants to get going _now_, these tools may not be as needed. But no one knows at the time of submitting a ticket as to how long it will take. Thus the continuing validity of using them.

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@stephyloo  Please be aware that if you try the lost/stolen option there is a possiblity that some of the rewards your might be entitled will not get applied.

As Dunkman said, in this case, the autopay reward has already been applied. Otherwise, yes apparently that is a side effect of that procedure.

My suggestion is that if you are going to recommend the lost/stolen trick you must also include the side effects and let the customer decide if they want to try it.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry, just saw your reply.

We are actively trying to lessen the waiting time but we also do not want to interfere with you guys as you are always a big help.

In this case due to the fact that I knew the the correction had to be done by the moderators I made sure the customer reaches us as fast as possible.

What I can advise is that when the customer says" when calling it says I don't have an active long distance plan" this means that they no longer have minutes or the plan is not active, the lost/stolen does not help unless it's a more general system issue.

They need to check their plan usage and payments.

Thanks again for the help,

Camelia_<

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to contact a moderator by clicking on ?, bottom right, and following instructions.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for all your help!

Have a great rest of the day,

Camelia_<

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

I just checked Dunkman's workaround and I can assure you that the lost/stolen would have only made the cx lose his rewards for 1 month and not help him.  And Dunkman also sent him to us.

We are trying not to interfere but not when a customer does not have service at all.

In these cases we are trying to lessen the cx inconveniences.

Have a great day,

Camelia_M

@Camelia_M 

Absolutely agree with the motivation.

But that workaround has been known to work on many many instances for a few years now. Yes it apparently has side effects but it's also extremely inconvenient for the customer to have to wait days for your team to reply. Seemingly not so much these days as evidenced by your team posting here more and more.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Anonymous,

I just checked Dunkman's workaround and I can assure you that the lost/stolen would have only made the cx lose his rewards for 1 month and not help him.  And Dunkman also sent him to us.

We are trying not to interfere but not when a customer does not have service at all.

In these cases we are trying to lessen the cx inconveniences.

Have a great day,

Camelia_M

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@stephyloo  Please be aware that if you try the lost/stolen option there is a possiblity that some of the rewards your might be entitled will not get applied.

As Dunkman said, in this case, the autopay reward has already been applied. Otherwise, yes apparently that is a side effect of that procedure.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, I did sent the invitation twice, in public, asking him to use the virtual assistant.

I added the 2nd part (private messages) as it seems the had issues contacting us, but the method that should be used is thru the virtual assistant.

In this case only the moderators are able to help him out and the customer does not have service.

Have a great day,

Camelia_M

@Camelia_M 

My bet would be that the workaround provided by Dunkman would get the customer going. Maybe customers could exhaust all DIY options from the community before needing to run to the moderators. There's even another workaround possible but it hasn't been mentioned yet.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, I did sent the invitation twice, in public, asking him to use the virtual assistant.

I added the 2nd part (private messages) as it seems the had issues contacting us, but the method that should be used is thru the virtual assistant.

In this case only the moderators are able to help him out and the customer does not have service.

Have a great day,

Camelia_M

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @stephyloo,

Please reach out to the Moderators in private using our virtual assistant so we can check your account.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Thanks,

Camelia_M

@Camelia_M: You already invited them to contact you. We have also been led to understand that private messages are not the proper method to get help from your team. Is that not true?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @stephyloo,

Please reach out to the Moderators in private using our virtual assistant so we can check your account.

Thanks,

Camelia_M

@stephyloo 

The renewal process sometimes gets messed up when you re-activate to a lower priced plan.  You likely need to contact moderator.  Click on the link that Moderator team sent you and follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  Type: contact moderator.  

There are lots of moderators signed in presently, so hopefully, they will respond in the next few hours.  

If the wait time is longer, you could try the lost/stolen phone trick (but it sometimes messes the timing of your rewards - however, you got your autopay for this month anyways).

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

stephyloo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was done through payment voucher. I've tried rebooting it a few timesScreenshot_20191117-082943_Samsung Internet.jpg

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @stephyloo,

Please reach out to the Moderators using our virtual assistant so we can help you out.

Have great day,

Camelia_M

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@stephyloo 

If your account status active or suspended?  

Even though your money was taken, it looks like the plan was not successfully renewed...

When was the money taken out of account? It sometimes takes some time to re-activate the account.

Try re-booting phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.