cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan price increase?

PM_user6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I'm new here. Sorry in advance if this was asked before. Did anyone experience any price increase on their plans starting in May?  My parents have two lines and one of them had a $6 increase and the other had a $8 increase.  Were there any communication on this increase?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

@PM_user6  I guess the $19 is only offered to specific client group

The $19 for 1GB was generally available until this week, then it seemed to become available to some but not others.

PM_user6

So I just checked my dad's plan, since his plan had 1.5gb previously and paying $24/mo, he doesn't have that $19 plan available for him. Only the $29 for 10gb.  I guess the $19 is only offered to specific client group.

Droogle

Yes it is.  You can update your subscription to it.  I’m so annoyed by this company right now.   They owe the customers they screwed with the price increase..

Droogle

Yup.  Just posted the same thing.

They did a price increase while offering the same program for less and offered a new program providing more for less than what they increased my plan to.. Because I’m on pre-auth- I looked and see they’ve charged the increase for 3 mos now.   They EASILY could have right-sized automatically.   Should just cancel and get a new plan.  Reward plan be damned.  

PM_user6

Just checked. Still available. I just chose it and it says the new subscription will be updated on the next renewal date. 

@PM_user6 , check again, the $19/1GB plan is no longer available to existing customers.  I don't see it in my account anymore.  The approach with Public Mobile is to lock in a deal first, think later.  You never know when the deal will be over.  

PM_user6

So I think she was paying $17 for a 1gb plan on 3g... Now it's $25.  And there's a plan available for $19 for 1gb 4g now. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PM_user6  What plan are you seeing available to downgrade with from the 1GB plan? In my account there are no downgrades available to existing customers.

@PM_user6   The bonus data for the compulsory switch from $ rewards to points in May did not have to be applied for, it was added to accounts automatically for anyone on that old rewards system.  

PM_user6

I never applied for the compensation this year... Must've missed it. She got a 30gb loyalty bonus one time but that's years ago. She doesn't use data that much. I'm planning to switch her to the $19 plan in the account for 1gb data.

@PM_user6  That's a lot of accumulated free add-ons, are you sure it doesn't include this year's "compensation" for the loss of $ rewards?  That's the only one that will be lost, but if you are thinking to switch to an unlimited data plan then existing data add ons become "incompatible".  They aren't lost but can't be used while on an unlimited plan.

PM_user6

My mom has a 1gb plan.  But she has 37gb from all the free add-ons before. Unused. I think if I switch the subscription it shouldn't change the add-ons... 

@PM_user6  If you downgrade plan spend you will lose the bonus data that was giving to you . But you shouldn’t lose it if you upgrade the plan to higher mo they spend . But that bonus data has a time limit . So best to just choose a plan that suits your needs the bonus data was just a smoke screen and not very useful for most 

@PM_user6  Usually switching to a lower value plan will indeed cause the recently offered free data to be lost although some have reported that's not actually a given at this late stage since the data expires in the not too distant future anyway.  Any other add ons remain to be used though.

PM_user6

Thank you. So I do see there's some plans available if I change the subscription. Do you know if I change the subscription will some of the free data that was offered before will drop or not?  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PM_user6  Yes you probably pay $60 more a year now as PM did away with the old legacy rewards . Now everyone been moved to the new points system . So much less lucrative . But once you have earned 15 points you can redeem $15 off your bill from the rewards portal in your account . But you have to pay full plan price now and earn the points in plan spend . Friend referrals are the same value as before just with added step of redeeming the points  once you have earned 15 points 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@PM_user6  What has happened is that Public Mobile retired their $ rewards and switched to points in May.  So going forward customers are charged the full original amount of their plan while they collect points to redeem for bill credits or discounted add ons.  So autopay discount and loyalty were lost to be replaced by 5% in points value on bill payments, 10 points annually on their anniversary but the $1 (1 point) per month per referral remains but is not automatically deducted.  Yes there were notifications by email and text as well as posted on here starting around March but some seem to have missed, overlooked, not received them.  There have been cheaper plans offered recently for anyone on the $25 plan or more but the plans seem to be changing today so they may want to log in and see what is offered to them in their accounts.  Anyone on the $15 plan is out of luck unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.