cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan payment -- free month?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My account payment date is tomorrow April 17 but when I try to make a payment  I get a message -------"Your account has already enough balance" -----but my account page shows $0 balance. 

30 REPLIES 30

BEER

Your so funny - 

BEER

bugsTUX.gif

So why did you do likewise?   Ha Ha Ha

Are you actually taking this forum serious? Yes it in the past it was a good place to get help but now PM has Simon and also live chat .

Thinking of joining Public Mobile?Live Chat

Beer_0-1650297551195.png

Get help the easy way
24/7 virtual assistance will get you the right level of help you need. Depending on your conversation, you can submit a ticket to us in as little as 5 minutes.
Chat with SIMon

Ali03
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BEER wrote:

LILMOUSE.GIF

Why use silly cartoons??? This is not facebook. Just adding noise to converstation. Please no!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I chose the other option for this purpose. The amount due is known to be troublesome. Which is your point of "it told me I was paid up why didn't it renew" thing. Are you going to ask them to compensate you for this glitch?

BEER

I see - but it doesn't show when I selected "amount due".  No big deal -- thanks for your help.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Making a manual payment. This is the only place this shows.

dust2dust_1-1650212274647.png

BEER

@dust2dust wrote:

The taxes will be on the credit card or vouchers paid at point of sale. All numbers in the self-serve are before tax.

What I understand is that there's a bit of time of the new day where the services would still work. But if it can't find payment into the morning then they stop.

That doesn't seem right to not show the total price up front - and add the tax only on the card. Is this a common practice with mobile service providers? Everything I purchase in person or on line always shows the total cost including applicable taxes. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The taxes will be on the credit card or vouchers paid at point of sale. All numbers in the self-serve are before tax.

What I understand is that there's a bit of time of the new day where the services would still work. But if it can't find payment into the morning then they stop.

BEER

Yup - you and others were correct --- my account deactivated after midnight and I topped  up with $17 to re-activate it.  

Update:   My actual payment was only $15 - it seems that there are no taxes added - 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I did carefully read the conversation. As I had said, my prediction is your account will be in suspension tomorrow, not a free month. What you wish to do about that is up to you. Then you went in to getting compensation for glitches in the past. If you wish to ask for compensation for the problematic amount due option and amount owing not showing then good luck with that. That's all I was saying.

BEER

@dust2dust wrote:

Nowhere in this conversation did you say that you would ask for compensation for this "glitch". Of course. Good luck.

LILMOUSE.GIF

Boy you really should slow down and try  to more carefully read posts. --------------You are correct when you say I never did ask to be compensated for this glitch however are we now commenting on what a member is not saying? ----------------Wouldn't it be very foolish of me to ask compensation for PM giving me a free month?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nowhere in this conversation did you say that you would ask for compensation for this "glitch". Of course. Good luck.

BEER

@dust2dust wrote:

Beer! (shake shake) Beer! (shake) Wake up! You're dreaming!

Just let us know what happens. We'll all be interested.

I can't keep repeating myself - read previous posts. And for those that doubt - yes in the past PM has given me more then one free month to compensate for glitches that I had encountered -- all one has to do is ask and depending on the mood of the PM agent they may be compensated as is fair.

Beer! (shake shake) Beer! (shake) Wake up! You're dreaming!

Just let us know what happens. We'll all be interested.

BEER

@Meow wrote:

@BEER wrote:

I like getting free months - and don't want to rock the boat.

No way you or anybody else will get free month of service from PM.

Cut and pasting for you my previous response to another member--

Sadly I just got a text on my phone advising that my payment is due tomorrow and that there isn't enough money in my account. I'll still wait until past midnight and see what happens. I mostly use my phone for messaging by apple iMessage and for friends and business related communication that don't have iCloud accounts we email. It's quite possible that in the past I just assumed PM gave me free months because I mostly use iCloud. The main reason I keep my PM plan is for the data I need when I'm not near a WIFI hot spot.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

No way you or anybody else will get free month of service from PM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

Perhaps it's a free month because I switched to points ---- maybe ?

The plot deepens --- I just checked my payment history and it seems that last month I was only charged $10 for my $15 plan - in addition it shows that I also purchased voice minutes for $5 - I don't remember buying voice minutes since I still have hundreds in my account - cut and pasting below --

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Mar 18, 202230-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00

@BEER  are both those values $5 and $10 under the debit column and the above you copied just got mis-aligned??

This is what is should show for the $15 plan charges. It is supposed to show 2 lines like this, that's normal:

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada$5.00
30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours$10.00

BEER

@esjliv wrote:

@BEER my guess, is, if you don't have your available funds topped up OR you are not on Autopay, then tomorrow you will go into suspended status and lose service.

But, let us know what happens.

Sadly I just got a text on my phone advising that my payment is due tomorrow and that there isn't enough money in my account. I'll still wait until past midnight and see what happens. I mostly use my phone for messaging by apple iMessage and for friends and business related communication that don't have iCloud accounts we email. It's quite possible that in the past I just assumed PM gave me free months because I mostly use iCloud. The main reason I keep my PM plan is for the data I need when I'm not near a WIFI hot spot.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER my guess, is, if you don't have your available funds topped up OR you are not on Autopay, then tomorrow you will go into suspended status and lose service.

But, let us know what happens.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like it's not an important phone. Please let us know up to tomorrow afternoon eastern if the account becomes active. I very much doubt it.

BEER

Perhaps it's a free month because I switched to points ---- maybe ?

The plot deepens --- I just checked my payment history and it seems that last month I was only charged $10 for my $15 plan - in addition it shows that I also purchased voice minutes for $5 - I don't remember buying voice minutes since I still have hundreds in my account - cut and pasting below --

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Mar 18, 202230-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00

BEER

I'll wait until tomorrow and see what happens - as I said earlier I like free months --and if it's a glitch in my favour that would be great.  ha ha 

Mickey.gif

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Just add the $15. If it's your imagined free month then it will stay there. I doubt it. And also be aware of rewards (if on rewards and not points) and subtract that from your manual - other- payment.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

The above tells me you need to pay up $15 in order to have services replenish tomorrow.

My account currently shows very similar, with nothing in the Amount Owing.

Do you also have an available balance that the renewal will take from first?

edit, striked out above, it clearly states that in your post, duh.

BEER

@Dunkman wrote:

@BEER 

If you have zero balance, you will need to pay for next month.  You may want to manually select the amount equivalent to your plan's fee.  

This has happened before and I assumed it was a free month  bonus - Kind of sorry that I posted this because it's to my benefit and I don't want to rock the boat. Cut and pasting from my account page ----

• Available Funds: $0.00
  • Payment Due Before: Apr 17, 2022
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
  • Amount Owing:

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER 

If you have zero balance, you will need to pay for next month.  You may want to manually select the amount equivalent to your plan's fee.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Use the other option instead of amount due. Amount due doesn't seem to work very well. You need to have a balance to pay for your plan.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER because you are paid up for today. But starting tomorrow you will not be paid up.

What does it say for under this section: "Payment for Next Cycle: ----" ?

BEER

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try paying through 611?

Strange message?!? Can you try using different browser?

Need Help? Let's chat.