cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not changed

Ddwa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid for a new plan and the charge is on my visa but when i just signed into my account it is showing my plan as the same old cheaper plan

16 REPLIES 16

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ddwa   Changing from 3G to 4G

1. Plans details should show the new plan IMMEDIATELY.  if it is not, try Incognito mode or try to check with a different browser

2. Speed change within 48 hours.  It has been over 24 hours, try a speed test and see if speed changed.  If it did, Perfect.  If it is not, time to open ticket with PM Support and have them confirm

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Ddwa

3g to 4g

Ddwa

Changing from 3g to 4 but charge was on friday

Hi @hTideGnow 

you can review my link in my post above, and reading some at top up Get Help.

@dabr wrote:

@Timer    Does PM mention anywhere that changing plans takes 48 hours to complete?    AFAIA the change should be immediate after changing plans unless PM changed something with the new Account rollout.   Perhaps you are confusing it with the 4G data speed taking 48 hours to take effect.   edit: to clarify, after plan has been changed from 3G plan to 4G plan.

As you have suspected, there is no 48 hour delay to change a plan. The plan change happens as soon as an immediate plan change is done or as soon as a scheduled changed at renwal is completed.  For both types of requests, there will be indications of the request immediately when looking inside the Self Serve account.  

@Timer wrote:

@dabr 

yeah, but the same processor is take it, but @Ddwa sorry you change plan from 3G to 4G or?

HI@Timer   Same processor?  how many processor  PM has?  and how much memory ?  Sound like you know the PM system inside out. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

yeah, but the same processor is take it, but @Ddwa sorry you change plan from 3G to 4G or?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Timer wrote:

@dabr 

i know but it's not my system, them system New design them decide whats the system should works,

Differences between 3G and 4G LTE data speed (publicmobile.ca)

@Timer   Sorry, don't understand your response.  OP is asking about plan changes not 3G/4G data speed.

@Ddwa   Account change is instant if you click Change Plan now.  There is no need to wait 48 hours.   Only a 3G plan to 4G plan change requires 48 hours for the new speed to come up.  In your case, whatever plan you pick, if you click Change plan now, the new plan should show up on your My Account immediately as long as PM successfully got the money from your credit card.    Again, in your case, likely a cache issue and the page was not showing the proper plan details form the server

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

i know but it's not my system, them system New design them decide whats the system should works,

Differences between 3G and 4G LTE data speed (publicmobile.ca)

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ddwa 

rebooting device,

tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

and go to Plan, maybe is will be showing the new one.

and if not see it is change then contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to them change it for you.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Timer    Does PM mention anywhere that changing plans takes 48 hours to complete?    AFAIA the change should be immediate after changing plans unless PM changed something with the new Account rollout.   Perhaps you are confusing it with the 4G data speed taking 48 hours to take effect.   edit: to clarify, after plan has been changed from 3G plan to 4G plan.

Ddwa

ok

Ddwa
  1. Its been 72

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Ddwa 

is take 48 hr to showing in your account changed.

edited by computergeek541:  repeated instances of incorrect information

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ddwa   it could be just browser cache issue. Try with Incognito mode and login again, or try on a completely different browser , Edge/Chrome/firefox

Need Help? Let's chat.