cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change -- top up -- overcharged?

funfunfun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan will renew on May 2. Today I wanted to change my plan from a $45 dollar plan to a $50 plan. I had to top up my plan $50. But since I prepay, PM shouldn't take my $50 until May 2. How is this going to get sorted out? 

9 REPLIES 9

funfunfun

I filed a complaint on the CCTS site. PM called me and without hassle, offered me a refund. 

Yes, apparently I did make a mistake. But you know what. CUSTOMER SERVICE means coming to a fair outcome. 

Should NEVER have had to go to CCTS. 

This is my last post on this issue.

funfunfun

Refunded me.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@funfunfun wrote:

This is now resolved, thanks to the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services  -- https://www.ccts-cprst.ca

@funfunfun what was the resolution?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@funfunfun wrote:

This is now resolved, thanks to the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services  -- https://www.ccts-cprst.ca

I'd be interested in what all hoops and steps you did to make that happen.

So are you staying or are you going?

Seems unfortunate they weren't willing to help you. But it seems YOU made the mistake. Oh well. Glad you got it sorted.

funfunfun

funfunfun

I messaged the Moderator Team account, and explained what happened. Their answer, in a nutshell, "tough luck". 

I'm not going to let this go, and I'm also going to look for a new provider. VERY UNHAPPY.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@funfunfun wrote:

My plan will renew on May 2. Today I wanted to change my plan from a $45 dollar plan to a $50 plan. I had to top up my plan $50. But since I prepay, PM shouldn't take my $50 until May 2. How is this going to get sorted out? 

You may have mistakenly changed your plan effective immediately - You could sent a private message to the moderator team explaining your mistake and asking for their sympathy --LOL.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@funfunfun Public Mobile is prepaid, so you pay immediately when you select your plan.  If you change your plan, you technically lose whatever time you have left in whichever plan you paid for, and you need to pay again when you select a new plan.

Send a private message to the Moderator Team explaining your situation, and you might be able to get a refund. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@funfunfun  can you explain exactly what  you did?  

If you did an immediate plan change then your renewal date will change to 30 days from now. and the remainder of your last plan was forefitted.

if you futuredated your plan change then your renewal will still occur on May 2.  the funds you added are used first then anything outstanding is taken from autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.