cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 7 eSIM cannot be added

kgli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to connect to the PM network via the eSIM QR code, I am getting the following error:

signal-2023-11-05-143358_003.png

Has anyone encountered a similar issue on their Pixel 7? My phone was purchased through the Google Store in Canada, so I'm assuming it should work...

5 REPLIES 5

HI @gpixel 

yes, the $5 is "normal" for Canada  😞

iPhone is pushing for a new feature to "save" the eSIM on another part of the memory when you reset your phone so you can reuse it, but that is carrier specific. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@kgli 

don't bother, it's a waste of time and it's inconvenient here... $5 Everytime one needs a new device or does a factory reset? that's just horrible...

@kgli I wonder if the eSIM was installed by the app earlier

So, I guess you giving up the eSIM for now? Honest, unless you really need the physical sim slot for other thing, it is better to stick with physical sim for its ability to switch between phones (and free) and leave the eSIM for travelling.  

kgli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nope, I am a new customer and am setting the eSIM for the first time.

I was fortunately enough to have a spare PM SIM, so my service got activated there. I was unable to get the eSIM to work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kgli  you have been using eSIM on another phone? you just got this new Pixel 7 and trying to "move" the eSIM there?

Sorry, eSim cannot be moved from phone to phone.  

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

Need Help? Let's chat.