cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 7 Pro stuck on H+

Arshad14
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently subscribed to the $50 40GB Canada-US plan and its supposed to be 4G but my phone shows that it's on H+. I tried going through the troubleshooting of Airplane mode toggle but that doesn't fix it. I tried the Network Reset and that only works for a day where it shows LTE and then reverts back to H+. I reached out to support through private message and was told that because this plan is 4G, that is technically H+ according to him. 

If that's the case then why does my phone show LTE for a day and then switch to H+? I am using eSIM for Public Mobile and physical SIM for Koodo, which shows LTE on my phone for Koodo. According to this customer support rep, basically what he's trying to say is that 4G is H+, which means 5G is LTE. So then what's 3G, Edge? 

Is anyone else having a similar issue or faced an issue like this that they were able to resolve?

11 REPLIES 11

@Shaelz1 

are power save mode and data saver disabled?

Shaelz1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same issue on a brand new pixel 8 pro with all the latest updates already installed and using an eSIM... I can only get h+ signal no matter which preferred network type I try.  I'm in the middle of a 5G zone within the city of Victoria.

Arshad14

H+ even comes up when I'm trying to just use data. It's an eSIM so haven't tried it on another phone. Don't have another phone to try it in and eSIM isn't as easy to transfer like a physical SIM 

hi @Arshad14 

H+ is 3G, upgraded one and used in for data downloads, you don't see it when making calls, right?

did you try your sim in another phones?

Arshad14

Tried that but still reverts back to H+ after a while. 

Arshad14

Already updated. 

HI @Arshad14 

do you only see the H+ when you are making calls?

I would test the PM sim in another phone for a day or two just to confirm it is not a phone problem.

Arshad14

I do have the latest update.

Arshad14

I tried that and still run into the issue of it showing H/H+ unless I do a Network Reset, which fixes the issue for a day until it reverts back to H/H+ again.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Arshad14 

you have latest update for your phone?

If not, update it first

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Arshad14 

if you go to network mode screen on your phone, what option do you see?

From a Home screen, swipe up to display all apps.
Navigate:Settings Settings iconNetwork & internetSIMs.
Tap Preferred network type.

Do not choose Automatic.  Pick one and test

Start with 5G.  Yes, you can access 5G even you are on 4G plan. Everyone can use 3G/4G/5G networks , just the speed will be capped according to your plan, so try 4G

If that does not work, then pick LTE or 4G

Need Help? Let's chat.