Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin code

galya007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changes my phone and now I can't find my pin number to activate the Sim card

10 REPLIES 10

@Mine4ever223   Are you trying to pay via 611 with a registered CC?  That action does require your 4 digit PIN.  You can make a manual top in account with your CC instead or change your 4 digit PIN there if you've forgotten it.  Make sure to login using incognito/private mode because of caching issues. 

Otherwise purchase a voucher from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and add the funds by dialing 611 without the need for a PIN.

Mine4ever223

Want to add credit card it's asking  four a four no pin

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@galya007   Which PIN ?  is it a PIN or PUK asking from your phone?  If so, what exactly is the message  There are 3 different possible PUK codes.  Depends on the message, there are different ways to get the PUK code.

galya007

it's Samsung and I understand now that the PUK is after entering wrong pin code 3 times. 

I have opened a ticket.

Thank you very much

galya007

Thank you. I opened A ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@galya007 : Had you once set up SIM security with a PIN? Or is the phone still locked to a previous provider? How old is the phone? What make/model/submodel is it?

@galya007 wrote:

Thank you, it asks me for the PUK

@galya007 

Find you PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

“SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.
  • Only Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
  • Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

galya007

Thank you, it asks me for the PUK

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@galya007 wrote:

I changes my phone and now I can't find my pin number to activate the Sim card

@galya007 

I am trying to see why you need your PIN...do you mean account PIN to activate a SIM card.

Are you just trying to swap your SIM card from one phone to another?

The account PIN is texted to you when you activate. If you changed phones and do not have the texts from it, then you will need to contact CSA for your Account PIN.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@galya007 : What exact PIN code are you thinking is needed? What is the exact message the phone might be giving you?

Edit: wait...don't activate the SIM. Just move it from the one phone to the other

Need Help? Let's chat.