Did you mean: 

Phones don't connect

weldorman1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2  phones on same plan cannot phone each other.  Please help

9 REPLIES 9

weldorman1

I've obviously not been able to figure out this messaging setup, so I'm replying to my own message.  Thank you all for your attempt to help me, but the problem is not fixed and I can't get a ticket issued after trying a half a dozen times.  Unfortunately, these phones are too important to leave so I will be finding another provider.  I would not feel comfortable not knowing if, or when my service will be functional.  Thank you all for your help.

weldorman1

Hi hTideGnow.  Both phones work as usual but can't call each other, and some callers have been unable to reach us.  They've got us on our landline.  As for being on 3g, I don't know how to check.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @weldorman1 

they cannot call each other, but can they receive phone calls from other numbers?

did you try to use 3G for network mode?

weldorman1

Thanks for your suggestion, but neither phone is set up with do not disturb.  Also, we've been around several years, but when I tried to get on the Community yesterday, they wouldn't accept my nickname which I've had since day one, and now I've got a "1" behind Weldorman.

@weldorman1 

Does your phone have Silence Unknown Callers or Do Not Disturb settings enabled?

Ok as suggested earlier by @HALIMACS  submit at ticket to agents to troubleshoot.

weldorman1

Yes, both phones can call, text, etc, no problem...just not each other.  Have done a reset, gone to airplane mode, removed sim cards, turned phones on and off.  There are some numbers that apparently haven't been able to contact us.  These phones are medically essential, so if the problem can't be sorted out really quickly, I'll have to change subscribers.  Any help is appreciated.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Ensure you're dialling the full 11 digits including the 1(area code)###-####

If all other services work ( texting and data), contact support:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Can they call everyone else @weldorman1 ?

Are both accounts new or long standing?

Try reseting network connections and rebooting devices. 

Need Help? Let's chat.