cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn’t connect

latebuyer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  1. I don’t know whats wrong with my phone. This morning it said no service but now it says public mobile. The phone says calling a long time and then says unable to connect. I got through to my mom and phone hung up in 1 min. What’s wrong? I did try restarting.
6 REPLIES 6

Ya sometimes apartments suck. Here's something to consider to see if this helps the problem.

Amazon Booster 1

Amazon Booster 2

What's the worst you can do....   if these don't resolve the problem, then maybe it could be your phone or the building. You can always return within 30 days right.

Another thing to try to confirm, invite some friends over who have Telus or PM. Maybe it's your phone?

Do you know any of your neighbors? Why not ask them what their cell provider is and how the signal is with them in their apartments. 

It's all about trial and error to see what works best for you. People tend to give up and blame the carrier first. Process of elimination I say. 🙂

HI @latebuyer 

when you are back home, try reboot your phone.  And try changing the different network mode (3G or 4G or 5G) and it might help

latebuyer

Thanks, it looks like the problem is my apartment as i'm at the mall and it works fine.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@latebuyer 

Check to see if there is an outage in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/outages 

If not then reset the network settings. If that failed then contact a CS_Agent by typing in Submit a Ticket or Contact Agent on the Chat Bubble to investigate your issue.

latebuyer

Thanks. Its an a53 5g. Telus keeps on phoning me. Could it be about coverage in my apartment?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @latebuyer 

Go into your network settings and reset them. Then reboot the phone. If you don't know how, let me know what phone you have.

Need Help? Let's chat.