Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't work

Joel1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data works phone doesn't new phone first time on public

17 REPLIES 17

@Joel1234   You can open a ticket with customer support at the chat icon bottom right of this page.  If that doesn't work then send customer service a private message using this link and watch for a reply at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for a drop down with messages if there's no envelope.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Joel1234

No clue what you are talking about what app screen you mean the main page wear my apps are.never seen general management screen? No pictures  nothing not a clue what any if you are even talking about how do I get a tech on the line

Joel1234

And how do I know that won't just mess up my phone no offense  but your a random person  on a board telling  me to change stuff in my settings  how do I know any of you have a clue what you are talking about non of you have any credentials  nothing to stop any of you from giving the wrong advice and messing up my phone.how do I get a hold of a technician so I'm not following the advice  of complete  strangers hoo I have clue of their computer  skills thus is a really  dumb way to do tech support. One person already told me to change my apn someone  already pointed out that won't work  so yah a bunch of random giving tech support  what could go wrong  oh wait everything 

Joel1234

I'm in the bush  I don't have wifi that's why I need my phone to work I will lose my job if it doesn't 

Joel1234

It's data it works phone doesn't 

Joel1234

And how would I do that

Joel1234

How

Joel1234

How to I test sim card is theR any wY I can talk to someone  on the phone I'm dyslexic  and this is about the most agrivating  way to get help a bunch of random messages from different  people  is not tech support  its a hot mess

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @computergeek541 

@Joel1234  you said data work, just want to confirm, is it data or Wifi you are using?  And you see it shows connected to PM?  Best way to confirm is to turn off Wifi and check if data really works

Joel1234

But it is a new number from public  mobile 

@slusagm wrote:

@Joel1234 maybe APN, what phone?

try Reset All Networks

As data is working, the customer wouldn't want to be doing anything with the APN settings.  APN settings are unrelated to phone calls or text messaging not functioning.

Joel1234

No it automatically  copied numbers from my old phone wich waS a stupid text now number

slusagm

@Joel1234 

this is what you need to do to Reset All Network on S10

From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. ...
General management. ...
Reset network settings. ...
Review the info then tap. ...
To confirm, review the info then tap

Joel1234

Phone us a Samsung s 10 I think

Joel1234

No clue what an apn is how do I reset network .

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Joel1234, did you port over an existing number or setup a new one? Are you able to call out? It sounds like if you ported that it probably has not completed yet but you can confirm this by testing your old SIM card to see if the basic functions are still working like calling out/in, SMS out/in

slusagm

@Joel1234 maybe APN, what phone?

try Reset All Networks

Need Help? Let's chat.