cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone use in Barbados

Lalo9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there an add on I can purchase so that I can use my phone in Barbados?

11 REPLIES 11

@BKNS27 , thanks I knew that too and it’s what I meant …. But bad choice of words on my part !

thanks @BKNS27   

I want to bring that up too.  North American actually composed of 23 sovereign states

@Handy1 

Sorry not North America (Mexico and Central America are not included), only Canada and USA are offered roaming on PM.

@Nezgar- There are text forwarding apps available. Of course the account has to remain active and the sim left in a phone and on and on a charger and in Canada.

@Chrissyrioux12 wrote:

A lot of recommendations are buy a data plan wherever yo7 are going and use app text now and forward your calls and messages from your pm number to your text now number 

You can only forward calls to TextNow, not messages -- that is if you meant SMS/MMS, and not voicemail messages which come from voice calls...

Many banks phone based 2FA systems also allow calls as well as a text mesage, so forwarding your Public Mobile number to a TextNow number will work well if you have Wi-Fi or mobile data coverage via a local SIM in the visited country.

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A lot of recommendations are buy a data plan wherever yo7 are going and use app text now and forward your calls and messages from your pm number to your text now number 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, @Lalo9 

Only use of a Pre-paid SIM card there will work.

Public Mobile only good in Canada, or in USA with add-on.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Lalo9 

Sorry, PM only has roaming add ons for the USA.

Your better off getting a local sim card and plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lalo9

sorry , no  roaming addon in Barbados.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lalo9 NO, no service for PM outside of Canada and US. You have to buy local data sim for data

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lalo9 @No the add on are only for USA , your best to get local sim in Barbados for the duration of your trip 

Need Help? Let's chat.