cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone randomly disabled?

Sammy-p14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I've had a phone with public mobile since the beginning of August of this year (2018) and never had any issues. Randomly today at approx. 245pm I went to make a phone call and it wouldn't let me and all the automated guy would say is "sorry please dial *611 on your phone to talk to a representative and get this problem solved.* ..so I dialed *611 only to be told "sorry this feature cannot help you. Please go online to public mobile.ca/payment....so I get my friend to hotspot me...try logging in to my account on public mobile and in red it says my account has been disabled and to go to the community section for help....HOW IN THE HECK DO I TALK TO A REP SO I CA  FIGURE OUT/FIX WHAT IS GOING ON?! Lol *

Thamk you so much for listening to my rant and hopefully someone can help me ! 🙂 have a great day 

-Sam a.k.a a VERY frustrated customer 😂

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sammy-p14 wrote:

unfortunately im not even able to sign into my account ?! It says my login has been disabled and my phone shows "emergency calls only" so showing like I do not even have a sim card...the fact there is no phone rep to SPEAK to is ridiculous ! So frustrated.

You bought in to a low-budget, hands-on, self-serve service where they make clear and open that they have no call centre.

Others have posted already what you need to do. That's a sucky situation you're in but we can't help you from our standpoint. Only the mods can do things in your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sammy-p14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

unfortunately im not even able to sign into my account ?! It says my login has been disabled and my phone shows "emergency calls only" so showing like I do not even have a sim card...the fact there is no phone rep to SPEAK to is ridiculous ! So frustrated.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sammy-p14The only way to contact the moderator team is with the private message function using this link. . Click this to message the moderators. 

More about contacting moderator team Click Here

I suggest before contacting the moderator team and waiting for a reply to try the steps outlined in @RobertQc's steps above, that should get your service up and running.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Sammy-p14 wrote:

Hello! I've had a phone with public mobile since the beginning of August of this year (2018) and never had any issues. Randomly today at approx. 245pm I went to make a phone call and it wouldn't let me and all the automated guy would say is "sorry please dial *611 on your phone to talk to a representative and get this problem solved.* ..so I dialed *611 only to be told "sorry this feature cannot help you. Please go online to public mobile.ca/payment....so I get my friend to hotspot me...try logging in to my account on public mobile and in red it says my account has been disabled and to go to the community section for help....HOW IN THE HECK DO I TALK TO A REP SO I CA  FIGURE OUT/FIX WHAT IS GOING ON?! Lol *

Thamk you so much for listening to my rant and hopefully someone can help me ! 🙂 have a great day 

-Sam a.k.a a VERY frustrated customer 😂

@Sammy-p14I assume you had auto payment configured? If so it clearly failed. You can check your account payment history to confirm this in self serve. You should be able to get your service re-activated yourself.

"Simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. "

If your current "amount due" shows $0, try private browsing / incognito mode or call 611.

If no matter what you try you cannot make a payment with your card you can go to recharge.com and purchase a payment voucher.

If you are still in a "current market plan" you can try doing a one time manual payment and then doing a plan change. Once paid if it still doesn't reactivate you can try the "lost/stolen" trick or add another manual $1 payment. LOST/ STOLEN TRICK HERE Remember to reboot your phone after each step.

Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Need Help? Let's chat.