cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone order - condition grading issue

forestcomber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just placed an order for an I phone SE 2.  The condition grade of the phone I selected said -  Like New - price $499.00.  Sounds good to me.

I'm looking at the purchase receipt and it says the condition is Great.  Not what I ordered.

Can we fix this ??

Thank-you,

Craig

5 REPLIES 5

forestcomber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank-you for your reply, Meow.  Public Mobile is working to minimize purchase risk of used phones by clearly defining condition descriptions on their offer page.  The price of a given phone model depends on the grading.  I'm not a fan of taking a risk on used items, so I like this.  Although, it doesn't seem to have worked in this case.  Since I am risk averse, the Like New classification - which appears to be basically unused, suits me, also should't be the same price as a lower classification.  I was hoping to correct this problem before the phone is shipped, so to avoid returning it.  Should at least refund the price difference between the grading.

fosibehr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not "verbal" descriptions. They are defined descriptions as outlined on their selling page. The descriptions are noted as:

Each phone is assigned one of three grades.

Like-new:
Someone opened the box on these phones and then changed their mind: it’s as close to perfect as you can get with a pre-owned phone.
Great:
These phones are just a couple of nicks and scuffs shy of perfect, but have passed all inspections and are the best opportunity for a great phone on a budget.
Very Good:
These phones were well loved by someone - and now they’re ready for someone new! We took care of the buffing and cleaning, and while they may still have bumps and scratches they work perfectly well.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@forestcomber   you can certainly open ticket with PM Support and ask them to check

For CPO related ticket, the Chatbot still cannot open ticket for that, so, please message Support with your order number:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Meow
Mayor / Maire

These are all verbal descriptions. For somebody 'great' might mean 'like new'. For me 'like new' means no physical defects at all in addition of perfect functionality.

How would you define 'great' condition.

Did you receive phone? Does it look 'perfect'?

You could contact agent but I bet they would provide similar explanation or tell you to wait until phone arrives. You have 30 days to return it if you do not like it...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@forestcomber 

Sounds like they ran out of the "like new" ones and you recieved "Great?!!" instead. Unless you accept a refund for the difference you will have to do a full refund/return. Contact customer support with your order #, email and shipping address used for your order.

Need Help? Let's chat.