cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone numbers have gone missing

GwenTiggelaar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We had signed my daughter up to a plan and then my wife and I transferred from Telus to Public.  We had put all the numbers under one account, but realized after that only one phone was actually working.  Now we cannot retrieve two of our numbers.  Does anyone have any solutions.  The Public chat bot is completely useless.

8 REPLIES 8

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@GwenTiggelaar  As already mentioned, it is one account one number on Public Mobile so you needed to set up three separate accounts.  With just one account each time you transferred in the next number it replaced the previous one.  Since it's Telus I would think it can be fixed by PM support.  Since you're having trouble with the chatbot send them a private message instead using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

A reply will come at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar to the right of the bell icon if no envelope.  

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It looks like to port each number into the same account, this means , the previous number returned back to your old provider or the original phone number provider

it’s too complicated, try to contact your previous provider, they may able to help.

I don’t think PM can help, but I may be wrong 

We are all customers just like you. Nobody from Public Mobile here. Public Mobile, if you did your research before you signed up, is a self serve serve. The way to get help is to use this forums. So please share as much information as you can so we may help you further.  If you wish not to share, then you can create a ticket to a customer service agent. Just know it can take several days to hear back.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716083386592.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

GwenTiggelaar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately I have spent all day working on this and have absolutely no help from the Public Mobile bots. So frustrating!

As I added each number, the numbers before it seem to have disappeared.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As far as I know you can only have 1 number per account. I'm guessing that when you ported in a second you delete the old one. You are going to need to open a ticket with chat bot. Type in customer service agent.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @GwenTiggelaar 

If I understand correctly, you had placed all three numbers on a family plan with Telus. Now because the primary number was ported over to Public Mobile, the other two accounts closed and their numbers are now lost. Sound about right?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GwenTiggelaar 

It is not possible to have 2 accounts under 1 account on PM so your wife need to download the PM app on her phone and activate a SIM or eSIM under a different email address because you can only have 1 account/1 email address.

The steps must be followed in exact order if you are porting your number over to PM:

• Make sure your old SIM is active so don’t cancel serviced with them.
  • Purchase a PM SIM from Amazon ($4.99), Canadian Cell Supplies ($6.99) or pick one up from Telus/Koodo store ($10.00) or free eSIM from Public (only if your phone is eSIM compatible so check).
  • Download the PM app on your phone to activate the SIM. Use the old account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6. Note that your previous service is prepaid…you will need to pick a temporary number and contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text from old carrier and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours.
  • Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

If all steps are followed and there was a problem, there could be provisional/backend issue with the SIM so contact a CS_Agent to fix at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM doesn’t have family plan, it requires one phone number per account. You should have created one account for every family member.

I’m afraid that those numbers may be gone.

try to contact both PM and old provider, they may able to fix that.

Need Help? Let's chat.