cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer issue

jonas678
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have made a transfer request this morning from my lucky mobile account to public mobile and i can't use my service with public mobile can customer service email me at xxxxxxxx please

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

11 REPLIES 11

Newbies2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From my own experience with number transferring 2 days ago, it took almost a day to have IMessage and Facetime worked with my ported number especially with the new IOS 17.1.3 version as confirmed by Apple support staff I contacted to. So give it a day to have the transfer process completed.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The number is to the porting department as your issue seems to be an unsuccessful port.

@jonas678    If you try the phone number that @TheSterlinger  sent you, that is the porting team and if  it's a porting issue they will help you.  Since you can receive calls I'm not 100% certain it is, if they ask you to contact PM customer service agents use this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

They will reply at the envelope icon top right of this page, or click your avatar for a drop down with Messages.

jonas678

I did this morning around 3 am, i can get a call but no text

@jonas678 wrote:

I'm sorry are customer service? just making sure

@jonas678 

We are community members.  Customers like yourself.  We are not public mobile employees.  Just offering advice.  

Make sure to keep your old SIM card in your phone to receive the old carrier's port request.  

@jonas678   You need to give it a few more hours unless you did it around 5 a.m. (EST) this morning.  If the Lucky sim no longer works, then insert the PM sim and see if that works.

jonas678

Yes i did that this morning

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jonas678 

How long did you send your port request?  Did you answer yes to Lucky mobile port request text?  It can take several hours for port to complete.  

What happens when you put your PM Sim card in your phone?  Can you dial out or text out?  What about receive texts or calls?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@jonas678   Did you get a text from Lucky asking for your permission to transfer the number, and you replied YES, then your Lucky sim stopped working?  If that didn't happen does your Lucky sim still work?   BTW you should tap the v top right to edit and remove your email address since this is a public web page that anyone can see

jonas678

I'm sorry are customer service? just making sure

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I will send you the porting number check your inbox. Click your avatar then click messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.