cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number needed to use referral code?

KashifAkhtar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I was in touch with an agent to take advantage of the sign up bonus of $10 for using a referral code. However, the agent kept asking me for the phone number from where I got the referral code from. Does that seem right?? Is there anyone from the community with such experience.

6 REPLIES 6

HenryS

Same thing is happening with me. They are asking for the persons phone number and I don’t know what it is. Don’t see why they ask for it now and not during the account activation. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

that is normal if you add this back after the activaton process

Customer support agents may be doing this, but the entire purpose of the referral code is for personal information not to be exchanged.  As such, customer support agents should not be asking for this.  Unfortunately, the adjustment isn't something that Public Mobile has to do, so to get the code applied, you may have no choice but to provide the requested information.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KashifAkhtar  Yes this is normal , if you didn’t enter the referral code on activation . And you ask support to apply it later they can request the phone number associated with the referral code . It’s totally normal no worries 

KashifAkhtar

So I see a lot of referral codes I could use online but I don't have a number from anyone them. Since you answered to my question. I would gladly use you for my referral but I do require a phone number and your referral code. Please let me know.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @KashifAkhtar 

That is completely normal. I get the feeling you got the referral code online somewhere and don't know this person or their phone number? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @KashifAkhtar 

that is normal if you add this back after the activaton process

Need Help? Let's chat.