cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number is not yet transferred

Asmaaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed on 19th Oct and still waiting for my number to be transferred to public mobile. I get a message that there is a difficulty in porting but no details about what kind of difficulty.  I tried calling but the wait time is so LONG... there is no live agent either who could help....

6 REPLIES 6

@Asmaaa 

If you are sure that you replied with YES to the text from your old carrier.

You can call the Porting Department. I will pm you the number so click on your avatar then Messages.

Asmaaa

Yes, and they said it happens automatically within two days after receiving the request. Submitting multiple requests can complicate things.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Asmaaa 

Did you reply to the text from your previous carrier confirming you are porting over to PM?

This is the critical step in porting your number.

Asmaaa

I kept trying... but no response.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That is a long while indeed.  You stated you tried calling but the wait time is too long. Was that for the porting team? Public Mobile does not have a phone number to call, only for porting. If that's who you were calling,  you would have to keep trying. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

Nothing works? Calls, texts? How about data? Does your other phone still work?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Asmaaa  Have you tried the PM simcard in the phone and rebooted the device ? If eSIM have you checked sim manager in phone setting and set to primary . Removing old carriers sim from phone . Also does the old sim still work . I’ll leave you wil link for support should you be needing them 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.