cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number expiring

Bjmoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently in the US using a US sim card for two months.  So my Canadian number is not being used.  I received a message saying my xxxxxxxxxxxx number is expiring in 5 days unless I use that number.  I don'[t have US calling and texting on my Canadian number.  How do I keep my number as I mentioned I am currently in the US until the end of January.

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

11 REPLIES 11

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you on 90 days 'keep my account' scheme. If you have removed your CC from the 'my account' page then enter card info and renew the cheapest plan ($15) and then remove the card info for another 85 days to keep the number and it wont expire.

Else buy recharge voucher online and renew it manually.

@Bjmoore 

Pm doesn't send that message out very often so count yourself lucky that you did recieve it. Are you absolutely sure that the 90 day expiry date is December 19th? Is that what is being shown in your self serve account? Pm's billing cycle is 30 days not monthly.

Regardless I would manually top up your account before December 15th and ensure it is reactivated and showing active status on your overview page so that you don't risk losing the number. Autopay will not pay and reactivate a suspended account on its own and if you have it suspended via lost/stolen only you can resume, pay and reactivate the account within your self serve account. This is a better safe than sorry situation.

If you do not have a grandfathered plan or specific promotions tied to your current plan and you wish to reactivate on the cheapest plan the $15 then before payment go to the plans page and select the $15 plan and choose change plan immediately. You will be redirected to the payment page to top up your balance. Choose other amount and pay $15. Your service should automatically reactivate.

Before your next renewal in January suspend your service via lost/stolen before midnight eastern the night of day 30 of your cycle. This will prevent autopay from renewing your plan and keep your voicemail active so you can call your phone number and press "*" when it connects. Enter your 4 digit voicemail pin # to access your voicemail services.

You may also then recieve a text offer from 4911 informing you about the "More is Merrier" holiday gifts of a 2gb data add on and 500 international long distance minutes. If you dont get the text to reply YES to by the end of the day on December 15th contact customer support to have a CSA add it for you.

Remember to schedule a reminder to reactivate your account again on day 85 and day 88 as a back up....don't rely on pm to email another reminder to reactivate as they are very YMMV in nature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bjmoore wrote:

But our payment does not come out until December 19th so that does not make sense as we have another 9 days until the auto payment is due.

@Bjmoore 

ignore that message if your account on Autopay,

or you need to be save more 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

@Bjmoore 

Ok then, if you're sure that your plan is paid up and active then don't worry.

Maybe you were sent that message by mistake.   But I doubt it.  It's up to you to check out your account status 🙂

PM did their part  ( the right thing ) in sending you that warning, so you wouldn't lose your phone number and account.

@Bjmoore wrote:

Why would we have to do that when we have automatic payment coming out every month?

@Bjmoore    First go to your other post and click the 3 dots top right of that post and then edit/delete your tel. number (edit: also your name) as you're posting on an open public forum.

Are you sure you didn't suspend your phone service while out of the country?  That message is usually received if the account hasn't been funded in almost 90 days after going into suspension from the last payment due date.

If you can log into your account then try making a manual payment via the payment tab to stop the account from being lost.   I'm not quite sure but you might be able to dial the 611 service (1-855-478-2542) and make a payment with your registered payment card but you need your 4 digit PIN.  Otherwise voucher top ups can be used.

Edit:    @computergeek541  can you please edit OP's post, thanks.

Bjmoore

But our payment does not come out until December 19th so that does not make sense as we have another 9 days until the auto payment is due.

@Bjmoore 

Auto pay has failure a lot of the time and doesn't renew your plan automatically.

That's what probably happened to your account and that's why you got that message about losing your phone number.

You best login to your account and make sure that your plan is ACTIVE and not expired or suspended.

Bjmoore

Why would we have to do that when we have automatic payment coming out every month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bjmoore 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,and pay for you service 

or if you Forgot your password 

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

you can try Forgot your password visit Here link, and enter your email address,

check your email spam,

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

also you can change your plan to lower one $15 to you save yyour number,

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Bjmoore 

Just login to your self service account and make a payment so your plan stays activated and you won't lose your phone number. 

Keeping your plan active on the $15 plan is the cheapest way, if you were on a more expensive plan before.

Need Help? Let's chat.