cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed without authorization

ErinY06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone number was changed without my authorization. I am in the middle of several highly time sensitive and confidential applications using that phone number. I haven't been able to get into a contact with an agent yet.

7 REPLIES 7

ErinY06

When I was transferring my number I recall going through the different steps but I might be mistaken, I will try this just to be sure. Thanks.

@ErinY06 you requested porting in the beginning

did you recall getting a porting authorization text from your old provider and did you reply YES?

It looks to me that the porting was not done and it is just  over 1 month since activation.  I believe you didn't reply YES and hence the porting was never done.  When a porting was not authorized for 30 days, it will be voided and PM has no choice but to assign you a new number

Since the number was not ported out, you are in fact still paying for your old provider.  Call them and confirm

if that is the case, you can re-request porting by logging into your My Account, go to Profile page, and click Transfer Number.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-number 

but this time, make sure you port your old provider sim card back, wait for the porting authorization text and reply YES within 90 mins

@ErinY06 

did you leave your previous sim in the device to acknowledge the transfer?

another reason could be that PM doesn't accept that phone number in their system

ErinY06

I joined in October of this year. My number was previously working just fine with Public Mobile, unsure why it randomly changed now.

@ErinY06 

when did you join PM? if the porting process failed, the system will give you a temporary number

ErinY06

There's no chance it was hijacked, they'd have to send a confirmation email as well as a message to my original email in order to access my account. I recieved neither.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ErinY06 , have you checked your account to see what phone number is showing as the active number in the account?  Is it possible that your account has been hijacked?  I don't think Public Mobile would do a number change without you authorizing it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.